How much does a new roof cost? (1 Viewer)

One last thing, make sure your ventilation is correct on your roof. You do not want more than one type of exhaust ventilation installed, i.e. ridge vents and box vents. They cancel each other out and void your manufactured warranty. If you have enough usable ridge length, you should go with ridge vents, but make sure that you have enough soffit vents for intake to provide a balanced system

One last thing, make sure your ventilation is correct on your roof. You do not want more than one type of exhaust ventilation installed, i.e. ridge vents and box vents. They cancel each other out and void your manufactured warranty. If you have enough usable ridge length, you should go with ridge vents, but make sure that you have enough soffit vents for intake to provide a balanced system

And if I may, make sure your roofer knows what they are doing. I just had all my ridge caps replaced because the original roofers had no idea what they were doing. They put the ridge cap on, then put shingles on right at the end of the cap. What happens? Water leaks in your ridge and the spine or ridge of the inside of your home leaks. The shingles should be under the ridge cap. This was a $1,200.00 lesson I just learned....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom