How Much is Sean Payton Going to Use Deonte Harris as WR this Year? (1 Viewer)

If he does get an uptick of offensive snaps, i dont think Harris will be used as a conventional WR much. Not as an actual RB but, I think he'll be like Darren Sproles. A lot of sweeps, motion plays/hand off, and short/intermediate routes from the slot to get him the ball in space where he can basically use his return skills on offense. I mean, Harris can turn a 3 yard catch in the flat off of a motion play into 20, 30, 40 and over yard gain.

Now that the Saints have a guy that CAN throw the deep ball I think Harris may be used in spots to keep defenses honest. Teams don't respect the Saints deep ball much anymore but that could very well change because you know that Sean Payton has some surprises in store. We may not see them right away but at some point we will.

It wouldn't shock me to see Jameis Winston hit Harris and Taysom Hill with TD passes this season......…….probably Michael Thomas as well.

The Saints already have a double threat at the QB position already so can you imagine Payton making it a triple threat?

It's not as crazy as it sounds and would be a nightmare for every defense in the NFL!

Now that the Saints have a guy that CAN throw the deep ball I think Harris may be used in spots to keep defenses honest. Teams don't respect the Saints deep ball much anymore but that could very well change because you know that Sean Payton has some surprises in store. We may not see them right away but at some point we will.

It wouldn't shock me to see Jameis Winston hit Harris and Taysom Hill with TD passes this season......…….probably Michael Thomas as well.

The Saints already have a double threat at the QB position already so can you imagine Payton making it a triple threat?

It's not as crazy as it sounds and would be a nightmare for every defense in the NFL!
Actually, dealing with multiple QBs on the field is pretty simple. Each one without the ball is an offensive player with none of the protections afforded to QBs and can be treated as blockers or potential ball carriers. Align and assign responsibility according to your defensive rules, and then hit them relatedly 😀

Actually, dealing with multiple QBs on the field is pretty simple. Each one without the ball is an offensive player with none of the protections afforded to QBs and can be treated as blockers or potential ball carriers. Align and assign responsibility according to your defensive rules, and then hit them relatedly 😀

I'm talking more about each QB under center in particular situations.

The only "extra" QB being Taysom Hill with Brees under center or Winston under center. I'm not talking about all three of them on the field at the same time.

Situational football with any of the three under center would keep d'coordinators up at night trying to scheme that.

I mean that wasn't at all the elephant in the room. I think everyone here is aware that Drew's game is not and will never be like Mahomes. But if it makes you feel important to break news to us, then by all means you do you.
Grow up mate.

if it makes you feel important to try and be clever, you do you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom