How much is the loss of 2nd round going to hurt (1 Viewer)

mountaineerdude

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
There are so many good prospects who are potential 2nd round picks. Especially the defensive backs like JORDAN POYER, PHILIP THOMAS, MATT ELAM, DARIUS SLAY and even TYRANN MATHIEU after a phenomenal combine. two of our biggest needs are SS and CB and we might lose onto the opportunity of getting either one of these guys ....... I guess ROGER GODDELL proved after all that power eventually wins in a tough fight ..... SMH!!

it hurts, not going to lie, but we will survive.

Because of the depth of defensive players, it's like losing a starter week 1 for the season.

If the entire team restructures their deals (which looks to be happening) and we can sign some solid players, losing our 2nd rounder wont hurt at all.

But the restructuring hurts the future of the franchise. I still dont get why Loomis and Payton are still so adamant about Smith and Vilma. We are carrying dead weight in them especially with the new 3-4 scheme ..

But the restructuring hurts the future of the franchise. I still dont get why Loomis and Payton are still so adamant about Smith and Vilma. We are carrying dead weight in them especially with the new 3-4 scheme ..

I think the goal is win now, screw the consequences. And I am ok with that. Drew and Company will only be this good for so much longer. Bring in whoever you have to. A 2nd rounder will take time to come along, so go with the sure thing.

I think the goal is win now, screw the consequences. And I am ok with that. Drew and Company will only be this good for so much longer. Bring in whoever you have to. A 2nd rounder will take time to come along, so go with the sure thing.

And, the cap will go up in a few years. But, you are right, if the bill does come due one day, it will likely come due after Drew is retired and when it will be time to rebuild with high draft picks. That is unless we find our next great QB in the next few years before Brees retires.

It's possible we might trade for a pick or two.

I wouldnt say safety is our biggest need. Not while Harper/Jenkins/IAQ/ bush r still on the team. Unless something happens like trade/ release i think wed be more likely to draft a safety on day 3

Robert Alford would have gotten my vote for 2nd rounder imho. Hed be a 25 yr old rookie but hey...he canplay boundary or field.

His #s r comparable to revis coming out...

losing a 2nd round, mid pick is big. i believe there will be a ton of solid players floating around the 2nd round.

I hope most fans boycotted buying NFL merch last year & if we don't get the 2nd pick back this year, the ban continues.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom