How much is to much for Lito Sheppard (1 Viewer)

What would you be willing to give for Lito Sheppard

• 1st rounder

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • 2nd rounder

Votes: 53 23.7%
  • 3rd rounder

Votes: 100 44.6%
  • 5th rounder

Votes: 22 9.8%
  • 6th rounder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7th rounder

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Trade down in the 1st

Votes: 25 11.2%
  • Not interested

Votes: 11 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who would you guys rather spend a 2nd on Jeremy Shockey or Lito Sheppard. We can still use our 3rd to trade up for Sedrick Ellis.

thats what i was thinkin

Trade our 2nd for Lito
Do we have a chance at Asomugha for a 2nd?
Trade our 1st + 3rd to move up and grab Dorsey/Ellis

the next need on defense would be FS.. i think it could be addressed later in the draft.. we could also grab someone to boost the O-line with our later picks

I would give a late round pick for Lito. No way would I ever give up a 2nd for him. Anything from a 5th and beyond would be fine. If he had any real trade value, he wouldn't even be available. I'm not sure how much more than Gay he brings to the table, if any. He has health issues and has been inconsistent with flashes of good play. I want him for the right price.

Trade down in the first...ONLY if after the Bengals pick Ellis, Dorsey, and Gholston are all three off the board.

Lets put this into perspective... if we somehow get Lito... his contract would be less than Jason David... Randal Gay... and I'm not sure what Craft's cap hit will be... but Lito will be real cheap for whatever team he plays for.

So you get pro bowl talent at a bargain bin price.

Do it Mick!

Lito will demand a new contract once traded. You can be sure of that.

Guy was a great talent a few years ago, but has been a walking injury for 4 straight years now. He also had a terrible year last year to top it off.

Now thats not say I wouldn't take a chance on him, but it would be for no more then a 3rd rounder. Lito is like chasing the gold at the end of a rainbow. Man does it sound good, but when you lay it all out, its not a great idea unless you get him for a 3rd rounder or less. Noway do I give up a 1st or 2nd round pick for him and I certainely don't swap first rounders with the Eagles. That would be assigning a 1st round value to the guy. Extremely injury prone CB's coming off of bad years aren't worth a first round pick.

He also had a terrible year last year to top it off.

Randy Moss, week 12 vs. PHI: 5 rec, 43 yards, 0 TD. Sheppard: 6 tackles
Terrell Owens, week 15 vs. PHI: 2 rec, 37 yards, 0 TD. Sheppard: 6 tackles, 1 PD, 1 INT
Marques Colston, week 16 vs. PHI: 3 rec, 16 yards, 0 TD. Sheppard: 6 tackles

Lito was the guy covering them on almost every play. Granted, he had safety help.. But once Lito was healthy, he played very well.

The only problem with Sheppard is the injuries. Otherwise, he's a great CB.

Last edited:
Randy Moss, week 12 vs. PHI: 5 rec, 43 yards, 0 TD. Sheppard: 6 tackles
Terrell Owens, week 15 vs. PHI: 2 rec, 37 yards, 0 TD. Sheppard: 6 tackles, 1 PD, 1 INT

Lito was the guy covering them on almost every play. Granted, he had safety help.. But once Lito was healthy, he played very well.

TO and Moss were double teamed and schemed heavily those games.

Lito had a very bad year last year: ESPN - Saints' secondary problems should be priority - NFL

3 spots behind the worst CB in the league (yes it was Jason David). Lito was a decent CB when healthy. But, hes never healthy, and its now been 2 years since hes had a good year.

Give up a 3rd for him, but nomore. He is not worth a 1st or 2nd round pick. Its highly unlikely the Eagles would deal with us though because we are a threat to them in the NFC playoff race.

Going by those stats, yes - and Lito did play poorly at times, mostly in the first few games back from his injury, and then against Plaxico Burress (who always seems to destroy the Eagles, for whatever reason..). However, he was a great player towards the end of the year.

TO and Moss were double teamed and schemed heavily those games.

And Lito was the primary portion of those schemes.

But, hes never healthy, and its now been 2 years since hes had a good year.

If by two years you mean the 2006 season, then yes.

Lito has injury problems. That's why the Eagles signed Samuel, and that's why they're listening to trade offers. However, it's not like he blew out his knee, like certain other players that the Saints are relying on this year. They were minor, nagging injuries.

Last edited:
Going by those stats, yes - and Lito did play poorly at times, mostly in the first few games back from his injury, and then against Plaxico Burress (who always seems to destroy the Eagles, for whatever reason..). However, he was a great player towards the end of the year.

And Lito was the primary portion of those schemes.

If by two years you mean the 2006 season, then yes.

Once again, hes always injured. So whether the injury caused his bad play or not is kinda the point. Thats why I said its like chasing gold at the end of a rainbow. If he could just stay healthy he might be able to be a consistently good corner, but he can't. 4 straight years is no longer bad luck, its a serious pattern and problem.

And it would be very hard to skew those success rating stats with a few games coming back from injury. Too many downs are played throughout the year and he played 11 games this season.

Swap picks in the first down to #19 with Eagles to get Lito. Then swap #19 for Giants #31to get Shockey. So we have Lito and Shockey and still have a first round pick, albeit the last one. With #31 I take Balmer or Laws.

I would give a late round pick for Lito. No way would I ever give up a 2nd for him. Anything from a 5th and beyond would be fine. If he had any real trade value, he wouldn't even be available. I'm not sure how much more than Gay he brings to the table, if any. He has health issues and has been inconsistent with flashes of good play. I want him for the right price.

I agree, a 5th round pick is the most he is worth. Philly is the team needing to move him because of the money spent on Samuels, they may have to settle for what they can get and not what they want. If the price is too high he just might be released because of cap value for an injury prone player or he may have to take a pay cut if retained.

I agree, a 5th round pick is the most he is worth. Philly is the team needing to move him because of the money spent on Samuels, they may have to settle for what they can get and not what they want. If the price is too high he just might be released because of cap value for an injury prone player or he may have to take a pay cut if retained.

Philly doesn't need to move him, he won't be cut, and he won't be asked to take a pay cut if they keep him. Either they trade him - which they won't do unless they get good value for him - or he's on their team next year with no change to his contract.

Philly has around $18m in cap room, they don't need to get rid of anyone. They're listening to offers because they can spare him, not because they need him gone.

Last edited:
5th. NO way you trade firsts for the oft injured Lito. We don't need to move back and let someone get DRC or McKelvin. We need a corner for the future, not just a stopgap.

i'd rather use our 2nd or 3rd rounder to move up in the draft to get dorsey.jmho

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom