How much of an impact would kikaha have? (1 Viewer)

jarrod74

I may be canadian but my heart is in the Big Easy
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Would he have made this D better if not injured ?

honestly i dont think so, maybe as a situational third down pass rusher but i think edebali is likely better in that role. Undersized DE's with no twitch do not tend to do well in this league, he was overdrafted not even considering the injury concerns...

Yes without a doubt. Last year thru the first six games before being asked to drop into coverage on a ridiculously high rate, he was the best rookie pass rusher in the nfl besides randy Gregory percentage wise. He was also stellar vs the run and forced a good bit of fumbles and splash plays. Not to mention he was a rookie and most likely would have improved, that and Dennis Allen was going to use him how he should be used, as a weak side end.

Kikaha was badly played out of position last season, missed time injured, spent over half the season on a "pitch count" and still had 4 sacks and 4 forced fumbles.

At the absolute worst, he'd be a big help in 3rd and long situations. Given how inconsistent the defensive line has been in obvious passing downs, I'd like to imagine he'd help provide some more pressure off the edge.

I think so, without question.

Not sure why we were dropping him in coverage.

Hate that this happened. But we knew he had knee issues, so we gambled on him. A big storyline will be what shape are the guys on IR in after this season is done.

He would have held contain, I know that.

I personally think so, YES. He's a pure pass rusher and a really good one at that. I'm almost certain that we'd have more sacks and pressures if he were here. Plus, I think his presence wouldve helped out Cam a lot on the opposite side. Kikaha wouldve helped with all the pass rushers as a whole, keeping the rotational guys fresh, as opposed to having them play extended downs in the base form.
<script>window.post_1477284434766_7 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*"); }</script><script>window.post_1477284439272_27 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*"); }</script>

I think if he can get healthy , Davison and Fairley stay put here for a while , he can be everything we lost in Junior Galette.

Those are the moldings of a Dominant Defensive Front.

God we miss this kid so bad.

Yeah I don't think he would have been our savior. Great for 3rd and long but we still need to add talent at both DE positions. Cam rotating inside is great, too bad he can't be inside and outside at the same time.

Not enough, I'm afraid. I love the way he plays but IMO he is not a difference maker on his own. We aren't getting good enough line play on a consistent basis to think a LB is going to be a difference maker.

Absolutely !
Unfortunately Paul Kruger is a has been. I wanted this guy a few years ago, but it certainly looks like he is not doing a thing for this defense. Kruger is becoming the Jarrius Byrd on the defensive line.

Yes without a doubt. Last year thru the first six games before being asked to drop into coverage on a ridiculously high rate, he was the best rookie pass rusher in the nfl besides randy Gregory percentage wise. He was also stellar vs the run and forced a good bit of fumbles and splash plays. Not to mention he was a rookie and most likely would have improved, that and Dennis Allen was going to use him how he should be used, as a weak side end.
Ding, ding, ding,..... we have a winner. The guy was on pace for a pro-bowl type of season prior to his injury. Remember, he had 19 sacks 2 years ago, that's crazy.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I think TruSaint nailed it.

A healthy Kikaha makes this team better. How much better, I don't know. At least a some.

That's the way you build a defense, a little at a time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom