How much of our recent success is due to Jeff Ireland? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Came in in 2015.

by 2016 Draft, we got Thomas, Von Bell, Onyemata, and Rankins.

2017 Loaded draft for us, hit on everyone but the 6th rd pick.

2018 We got Davenport and Trequan, as well as Boston Scott in later round that is doing big things else where.

2019 We got CJ and McCoy

2020 looks to be another good draft with Ruiz, Trautman, and Baun.

Theirs certainly more production in the draft since Ireland came around than prior aside from the 06 Draft which was as insane as our 2017.

Came in in 2015.

by 2016 Draft, we got Thomas, Von Bell, Onyemata, and Rankins.

2017 Loaded draft for us, hit on everyone but the 6th rd pick.

2018 We got Davenport and Trequan, as well as Boston Scott in later round that is doing big things else where.

2019 We got CJ and McCoy

2020 looks to be another good draft with Ruiz, Trautman, and Baun.

Theirs certainly more production in the draft since Ireland came around than prior aside from the 06 Draft which was as insane as our 2017.
In 2016, I remember being killed by injuries by mid-season. Otherwise, I thought we had put together a complete team, and thought we would have been a competitor without the injuries.

He was really frustrating for me to watch kick field goals in college. I’m counting his wonderful work for the Saints as payback for the anxiety he caused me 30 years ago. Sic ‘em Bears!

I’d say he’s been one of the largest factors to our turnaround. From wasted drafts where we were lucky to land one contributor to drafts where we were getting multiple impact players from day one. The talent difference from 2013 to now is insane. The depth we have now would have been the caliber of most starters then. This guy has been nothing short of incredible here. I hope we don’t lose him.

I can guarantee you Payton is as hands on in player and talent evaluation as those hired to those positions.

Completely agree. I think he is a critical piece of our success that is not talked about as much in the media. We need to ensure we keep him happy as SP does a great job of offensive talent but not so good on the defensive side.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom