How much room left now? (1 Viewer)

UptownSaintsFan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
So, w/the recent signings, how much room do we have left now?

is it realistic to expect a smith or colston resigning? How many players can we afford to go after?

A bunch, I would guess $25 + mil.

If we have any over 12M after the draft, I would expect either Evans and Colston to get signed or Smith alone to get the new contract. Either way, We should be able to lock up two of the three players by TC. If we can frontload one of the contracts, that will give us plenty of room next year to sign the remaining one and keep the good players playing where they should....THE SAINTS!!!

We had $39 million I believe

Roughly speaking
$7-8 million for Nesbit, Henderson, Goodwin, Stecker

$9-10 million for Gay, McCray

$1 million for Vilma

So roughly $20 million, if the original $39 million was correct.

Account for a rookie cap of, what?, $7 million? That leaves $13 million. Plus I think there's another $3 million in there for Brian Simmons being cut, maybe $1.5 for Mare (was that accounted for?) and then there are the eventual renegotiations of Evans, Colston, Smith, etc.

Well it's getting complicated isn't it? :hihi:

We had $39 million I believe

Roughly speaking
$7-8 million for Nesbit, Henderson, Goodwin, Stecker

$9-10 million for Gay, McCray

$1 million for Vilma

So roughly $20 million, if the original $39 million was correct.

Account for a rookie cap of, what?, $7 million? That leaves $13 million. Plus I think there's another $3 million in there for Brian Simmons being cut, maybe $1.5 for Mare (was that accounted for?) and then there are the eventual renegotiations of Evans, Colston, Smith, etc.

Well it's getting complicated isn't it? :hihi:

Gay and McCray will not count $9-$10mil against the cap, no way no how!!!! Gay's cap# is only around $2.5mil give or take....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom