How Much Time Does Payton Have Left? (1 Viewer)

How Much Time Does Payton Have Left With The Saints?

• Trade

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Retires After Current Contract (Currently Signed Through The 2026 Season)

Votes: 51 30.2%
  • Finishes The 2020s As Coach

Votes: 68 40.2%
  • Breaks Shula’s Wins Record

Votes: 46 27.2%

• Total voters
Om thinking he coaches for a while longer here then becomes or GM or assume so other role. Payton and Saints are Synonymous at this point. He represents the rebirth of the franchise and the carrying of the torch.

No where else in the NFL will Payton get that achievement.

It's usually the same story with the top coaches. CSP will finish out his contract and then "retire" from coaching. He will get a cushy job in the booth where he will remain for about two or three years. After he is reinvigorated, he will start looking for his next team.

As long as he wants and then he goes into a FO role and perhaps even an ownership stake. There are only 32 of these toys in existence and only fraction of those with stable owners, then a fraction of those with good climates. And only ONE that offers the uniqueness that New Orleans offers. Point is - no better place to be when all is considered. /close thread

As long as he wants. I'm not sure why so many want to get rid of CSP so fast with all of the CSP trade here, CSP trade there, etc.
100% cosigning this. HOF HCs dont grow on trees & arent easily replaced. W/an injury stricken roster at critical positions (QB, WR, RB, OT, K) Sean Payton managed to get us a Rams OT loss away from the playoffs.

He had a winning record w/Mike T, Lutz, Jameis & Peat out for the year. AK was out for a 4 game stretch, w/McCoy, RyRam & TA72 missing multiple games as well. If you ask me, if Payton wasnt our HC, we’d be picking in the top 3-5 this coming draft.

CSP will be here for as long as he wants. He still has a lot of love and passion for this game. He wants another Super Bowl and I believe he wants to be the most winning coach in NFL history. But one way or the other you can bet he's going to go out at the top of his game.

Hes not done until he wins another super bowl. And even after that, I hope the Saints do everything in their power to keep him involved with the team be it coaching more, being a GM, and even (part) OWNER of the franchise. He made the Saints relevant after decades of being jokes.

CSP will be here for as long as he wants. He still has a lot of love and passion for this game. He wants another Super Bowl and I believe he wants to be the most winning coach in NFL history. But one way or the other you can bet he's going to go out at the top of his game.
Yep, and in several books that came out about the post Katrina Saints, they all say that he and Brees clicked so well because of how insanely competitive they are. SP wants to be the best ever.

Him stepping down from the competition committee this year probably entails that he'll won't be doing this much longer.

I don’t see him coaching until 2030 because he’s basically a millionaire who will want to enjoy his money and spend some time with the new wife. But yeah it’s definitely his passion to coach and I think it’s his passion to coach the Saints specifically. He has carte blanche here so that will make him finish his current contract and maybe he goes 2 years after but that’s what I chose
Some people making sub-millionaire money don't want to retire because they like what they do. He spends most of his time during the season at the facility, so I'm not sure if he's in a rush to go cut the grass and his kids are older now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom