How much will Jamis contract be (1 Viewer)

Teddy bridgewater got 3 years 63 million. That’s a average of 21 million a year. There’s gonna be a lot of free agent qbs this year plus many to draft too.
I’m thinking something less than Teddy’s contract, only bc JW didnt play as much as Teddy did while with us. Maybe in the $15 mil per yr

Don't the Saints only have like 3 picks this season? Anything we can put together without crippling future drafts, another team will be able to double. It's not realistic.

Winston has experience, the arm, and the ability, all while having a season's knowledge of the playbook. If he's grown and his decision making has matured under Brees, he as close as the Saints can get to a sure thing at this point. It's a win-win. Winston succeeds and plays well for the Saints or he crumbles and they get a high pick. He's simply the best choice for the team right now.

• Round 1
  • Round 2
  • Round 3 (compensatory for Teddy Bridgewater)
  • Round 3 (compensatory for Terry Fontenot)
  • Round 4

What happens to the cap when Drew retires?

What happens to the cap when Drew retires?
I want to ask the house to put a few more eyeballs on this, but if I'm reading the Spotrac page correctly ... Brees' 2021 salary is not guaranteed, so his 2021 dead cap hit looks to be $22.65 million.

EDIT: ... and still $11.5 million in dead cap for 2022 :mecry:

It seems like anybody who can throw a forward pass can get $20M these days. For that much, I think we can get better than "W".
The part in red is exaggerated a little bit, but is on the money for anyone signed to start for a club.

I want to ask the house to put a few more eyeballs on this, but if I'm reading the Spotrac page correctly ... Brees' 2021 salary is not guaranteed, so his 2021 dead cap hit looks to be $22.65 million.

EDIT: ... and still $11.5 million in dead cap for 2022 :mecry:

What? So we will be paying him for the next two years even if he's not on the team. This is very non-Loomis.

What? So we will be paying him for the next two years even if he's not on the team. This is very non-Loomis.
The team was all-in for 2019 and 2020. A Super Bowl victory is worth some time in cap hell to pretty much every NFL front office. 🤷‍♂️

Of course, it didn't pan out.

That's very Loomis if you've been following what he's done with Drew's last few contracts. The one he signed last year was 4 years knowing full well he isn't playing 4 years. He's been adding those years that automatically void so he can spread the bonus out over future years. "Kicking the can down the road." We're still going to be on the hook for that when it comes to the salary cap. We'll have Drew dead money through 2023.

Winston had a history of maturity, behavior issues. That’s why he didn’t garner much interest, He came here humbled himself and took a serious home town discount. He has stayed out of trouble and seems to be well liked and is tremendously talented. For that reason I see other teams having an interest and he will get significantly more money then this year.

That's very Loomis if you've been following what he's done with Drew's last few contracts. The one he signed last year was 4 years knowing full well he isn't playing 4 years. He's been adding those years that automatically void so he can spread the bonus out over future years. "Kicking the can down the road." We're still going to be on the hook for that when it comes to the salary cap. We'll have Drew dead money through 2023.

It would be easier if it spread to 2023. All that dead money accelerates to the year you cut him. So we will pay it all in 2021. June 1st cut is only exception, you get it split over 2 years. Would be hard to pull off though.

Yes, but he had to know Drew's situation would be different because retirement was around the corner.

You’re crazy if you think he’s signing for anything less than 5mil this year. He’s going to get 5-10 as a backup. 15-20 as a starter.

Check the list of 2020 QB salaries. Then check which players who make $5 million or more were signed as backups. Then get back to me, lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom