How real is the Domefield advantage in the playoffs? (1 Viewer)

Great Dane

He who dares wins
Reaction score
OK Who Dat's. I admit getting a bit paranoid and anxious about the upcoming game. I was calm as a cucumber vs the Eagles but I have a bad feeling about the game vs the Rams. I just can't shake it. Too close to call

The Saints are good at home. No doubt. But when looking more carefully at certain home playoff games makes me sweat

1. vs Kurt Warners Rams 31-28. The Saints dominated but almost let the Rams back in. Saints could have lost
2. vs. Eagles in 2006. A very tight game 27-24. Saints were the better team
3. vs. the Vikings in the NFCCG. Wow!. The Vikings actually outplayed the Saints, but 5 Vikings TO's sealed the game (as well as the INT). Saints could have lost
4. vs. the Panthers. Third game against the Panthers. Again not the best effort but did just enough to win and sack Cam in the end. The Saints could have lost
5. vs Eagles in 2019 20-14. Quite good and dominate game by the Saints. But the missed FG and Foles driving late in the 4th. INT saved the day. Saints could have lost

I am not sure the Domefield advantage is that great come playoffs. Most of our games are much closer than in the regular season. Can anybody find sound arguments why and how the Saints will play the Rams and win convincingly as against the Lions and Cardinals???

It's the playoffs... you are going to see lots of close games... Dome Field Advantage makes those 50/50 games that we might lose into 100/0 games we win... I'd say that's pretty significant

OK Who Dat's. I admit getting a bit paranoid and anxious about the upcoming game. I was calm as a cucumber vs the Eagles but I have a bad feeling about the game vs the Rams. I just can't shake it. Too close to call

The Saints are good at home. No doubt. But when looking more carefully at certain home playoff games makes me sweat

1. vs Kurt Warners Rams 31-28. The Saints dominated but almost let the Rams back in. Saints could have lost
3. vs. the Vikings in the NFCCG. Wow!. The Vikings actually outplayed the Saints, but 5 Vikings TO's sealed the game (as well as the INT). Saints could have lost
4. vs. the Panthers. Third game against the Panthers. Again not the best effort but did just enough to win and sack Cam in the end. The Saints could have lost
5. vs Eagles in 2019 20-14. Quite good and dominate game by the Saints. But the missed FG and Foles driving late in the 4th. INT saved the day. Saints could have lost

I am not sure the Domefield advantage is that great come playoffs. Most of our games are much closer than in the regular season. Can anybody find sound arguments why and how the Saints will play the Rams and win convincingly as against the Lions and Cardinals???

One common theme in your analysis is that the Saints pulled out close victories in each of those listed games.

Do you NOT think that the CROWD and ATMOSPHERE played even a small part in the outcome? If the crowd effected those teams even a little bit (hint: it did) then the DOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE is probably what won us those games :)

Dude this is the NFC Championship Game. We are playing the second best of the best. We can’t expect a blowout but relax. We are going to win

HFA counts for something but playoff teams are very good and theres a reason they are still playing! If you expect to blow out a 13-3 team then you dont know football. it will be close but when HFA comes in is like the Eagles game where the crowd noise will start to even things if it starts getting out of hand.

No doubt the crowd helps give home team extra energy, and visitors more mental stress. But, it is playoff football and all the teams are talented. It is likely going to be close.

If you are going to the game, don't forget to bring your Tums and nitro tablets. Enjoy!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom