How real is the Domefield advantage in the playoffs? (1 Viewer)

Noise has a way of amplifying the imperfections and minimizes confidence. Advantage....home town noise = VICTORY

I am not sure the Domefield advantage is that great come playoffs. Most of our games are much closer than in the regular season.

Hmmmmmm. Tough one. It's almost like they only let the good teams in the playoffs or something.

latest

It can be the difference maker and has been in almost every win. Payton will be the first to tell you how important it is. There's a reason a coach that's busy coaching a team in a playoff game where he has 1000 things going on takes the time to wave his hands getting the crowd fired up. The dome truly is a 12th man on defense.

That being said would it kill someone to have us handily win one of these games and get up by 20 points early and stay there? I'm tired of these nail biters. Haha
....And take time to address the fans during his press conference to give instructions on when to yell.

....And take time to address the fans during his press conference to give instructions on when to yell.
Exactly....the importance of the crowd definitely isn't lost on coach. He regularly addresses it. I love the fact he said that in the press conference.....really gives a feeling of being on the team for the fans.

Of all the serious and great answers, this is by far the best. I really enjoyed reading your points - which all makes sense. This was the kind of "comfort arguments" an anxious old-time Saints fan needed to read. Thanks pal.

Thanks! I think were better on paper than the Rams, but I'm still not discounting the crowd noise. I almost forgot how "Hakim dropped the ball". The dome is a pressure cooker that makes them put it on the turf whether they want to or not.

Furthermore, if you notice the trend - the better a player is, the greater his mistakes. Farve, Warner, AP, Alshon Jefferies - we've created some great opportunities with crowd noise in the playoffs. It WILL happen again, we just have to get the good bounces and convert them into points. Fumble recovery and tipped pass drills all week!

I really think the crowd is going to have a major impact on this game. So much so in fact that the talking heads bring up rule changes to try and mitigate it. Call me crazy but the overtime rule changed because of our last NFC championship game.

I used to work in private security years ago and did quite a few big events at the dome and nothing compares to the Gleason punt block game or the NFCCG against the Vikings. It was like 5 jet engines, 3 locomotives, and a couple of rock concerts combined.

If the Rams think the crowd noise isn't going to be a factor then they're trying to talk themselves into believing that!!

They may indeed be a different Rams team this time around but the one thing that no one is talking about is that this is a different Saints team as well.

The Saints have weathered the storm and are about to come out the other side of it!!

Thanks!
Furthermore, if you notice the trend - the better a player is, the greater his mistakes. Farve, Warner, AP, Alshon Jefferies - we've created some great opportunities with crowd noise in the playoffs. It WILL happen again, we just have to get the good bounces and convert them into points. Fumble recovery and tipped pass drills all week!

Favre will be Favre. I don't think the crowd had anything to do with that INT. But the 12 man of the field prior to that was 100% on the crowd!! In the last Eagles game 2 false starts & 2 timeouts were on the crowd. But I think if an opposing team has a great 1-2 RB punch (of which the Vikings did not have), then it becomes relative easier in handling the crowd.
And the Rams have just that. Probably the best 1-2 RB punch at the moment (Ingram/Kamara a close 2nd)

Last edited:
Probably about a FG worth. Maybe the noise causes the opposing team some confusion or a questionable call goes your way.
A lot of people don't remember, In the playoff game vs the Vikings, the play prior to Brett Favre throwing an interception they Vikings got a 12 men in the huddle penalty. Was the crowd a factor... maybe? Additionally there were two "'50/50" calls in overtime that went the Saints way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom