How Saints DE Cam Jordan is 'raising teammates,' aiming for Super Bowl (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1685076271620.png
(AP Photo/Matt Slocum)

i
Katherine Terrell, ESPN Staff Writer

METAIRIE, La. -- New Orleans Saints defensive end Cameron Jordan, the longest-tenured player on the roster, isn’t sure when he started thinking of his younger teammates as “kids.”

But he thinks it was around 2015, when Jordan was 26 and in his fifth season.

Jordan and a cast of rookies crashed and burned that season with 30 sacks (10 from him, tied for 28th in the league).

“We had a full locker room shift,” Jordan recalled. “We had like six or seven rookie D-linemen that I had to deal with, and I was like ‘At this point, you guys are kids!’ I was raising children as we were going along. Ever since then, it’s gotten a lot easier.”

As Jordan approaches his 34th birthday in July, he’s at another crossroads. Many of his peers are gone, and the defensive line group is again facing major turnover, with part of the group made up of starry-eyed rookies. ...

Full Story - ESPN

More Saints Related News:

Podcast | WWL: Bobby Hebert, Mike Detillier react to first round of Saints OTAs: First impressions say a lot

Podcast | New Orleans Saints: John DeShazier on Derek Carr, Foster Moreau, Saints OTAs | New Orleans Saints Podcast 5/24/23

Podcast | Locked on Saints: Lucas Krull could be in for bigger role with New Orleans Saints in 2023 season

Podcast | Rich Eisen: Saints WR Chris Olave on Developing Chemistry with Derek Carr | The Rich Eisen Show

Podcast | AFR: Saints OTA's: Carr Leadership, O-Line Shuffle, Defensive Storyline

Podcast | Locked on Saints: Pete Carmichael is the KEY to a successful New Orleans Saints offense

Podcast | AFR: Are Saints BETTER or WORSE on Defense in 2023?

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom