How Saints Fans feel about Jameis Winston (2 Viewers)

Don't underestimate how much getting corrective eye surgery can improve visual tracking (which is different than accuity). This in itself could cut down on interceptions.
I admit, I didn't like him at Tampa mainly because I thought he was inmature.

However, now that he seems to have learned from previous mistakes. Held back his ego to sit on bench for a year and taken steps to fix problems .

I am pulling for him. Even if he was with another team( except Falcons or Dallas), I would pull for him.

Why throw out the Denver game tho? It was still part of his evaluation. And it was that game in particular that Sanders looked the most frustrated with Hill's play

U can say the guys other than MT & Sanders are barely decent but tape would probably reveal that Hill stayed missing them on some routes aswell. They can't get better than barely decent if the QB doesn't hit em when they're open
Bc that was the game where Denver had no QB and they were still forced to play. SP ran a supreme vanilla gameplan and just told TH7 to not turn the ball over. It was nowhere near a pro level game plan and Denver didn’t even want to be on the field. You can see that during the course of the game. Many of the guys were just going through the motions trying to avoid injury. We can’t evaluate a QB if he isn’t given a true gameplan against a defense that isn’t even trying. Maybe Sanders was frustrated bc Goodell forced our teams to play and not postpone the game like he did for other teams?

You have some links to him being criminally charged with “sexual assault”, let alone found guilty?

By all accounts, he's got his head at least partially screwed on right, now. He's still a goof. He passes the Drew and Payton test, and that's good enough for me. But, I don't think that's something that you just treat like it's nothing, either.

I admit, I didn't like him at Tampa mainly because I thought he was inmature.

However, now that he seems to have learned from previous mistakes. Held back his ego to sit on bench for a year and taken steps to fix problems .

I am pulling for him. Even if he was with another team( except Falcons or Dallas), I would pull for him.
Even though I have my evaluations with him as a QB, you still have to root for the guy. He is still positive and everyone likes his personality and drive. He IS trying to do all the things he needs to do and that after a GUT PUNCH of being cut from a team that went to a SB without him as the only removal and not having the offer at first to step in as a STARTER after being a Heisman winner and throwing ridiculous yards and TD's...still chugging ahead with light FA love this offseason to resign another low ball deal to compete. I don't know if it will all translate, but you just can't NOT pull for him to get it all together.

I’m excited to see what the future holds with Winston at QB. The offense will finally have the deep ball back which should open more lanes for Kamara since defenses won’t be able to load the box to stop him

Prior to his Saints tenure, he was mocked by many fans on this forum. Pretty sure that the trend has changed a bit with the color of his uniform. I wish him the best.

To peak at a possible future for Jameis from a data perspective, can someone list other QBs who have significantly improved after their 6 or 7 first years in the NFL characterized by consistent inconsistency and a strong propension to mental errors?

I have known few people who were able to completely reset themselves. They are the exception though.

Prior to his Saints tenure, he was mocked by many fans on this forum. Pretty sure that the trend has changed a bit with the color of his uniform. I wish him the best.

To peak at a possible future for Jameis from a data perspective, can someone list other QBs who have significantly improved after their 6 or 7 first years in the NFL characterized by consistent inconsistency and a strong propension to mental errors?

I have known few people who were able to completely reset themselves. They are the exception though.
Sure,
Drew Brees.

I think the assumption is that Payton is the QB whisperer, but how much did McCown improve in his time with the Saints, or Teddy Bridgewater? Payton can take a very good QB like Brees and make a great offense. But, an okay QB is just an okay QB. The question is, which category does Winston or Hill fit?

Drew Brees and Ryan Tannehill comes to mind.

For old school players , Jim Plunket.

Curious to see how Sam Darnold does with Panthers

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom