How Saints Fans feel about Jameis Winston (2 Viewers)

You have that completely flipped, my friend. My assessments or nothing emotional...hours of film study, knowing the qb position from years of playing, coaching and training with AFL, CFL and NFL players. Understanding translatable football and skills to the field of play, tendencies, mechanics, judging players ability vs potential and production, et all. I am the least emotional when formulating an assessment of football product.
My apologies. You're not under-prepared. You're over-thinking it.

Even with the holes in Jameis' game, he's still light years ahead of Taysom who has failed to even demonstrate enough consistency to be handed the QB1 position, my much less everything else. All that film study for nothing.

My apologies. You're not under-prepared. You're over-thinking it.

Even with the holes in Jameis' game, he's still light years ahead of Taysom who has failed to even demonstrate enough consistency to be handed the QB1 position, my much less everything else. All that film study for nothing.
The inconvenient truth is both QBs are dogs with fleas. And Sean seems to feel it is easier to clean up Winston's fleas, than to try and make Taysom a complete QB in Sean's offense. With only 4 games to go on as a sample size. Why, would Sean commit to a starting QB, he has only 4 games of film on? Teddy is better than Taysom/Winston, had a better run and Sean passed on him.

You have that completely flipped, my friend. My assessments or nothing emotional...hours of film study, knowing the qb position from years of playing, coaching and training with AFL, CFL and NFL players. Understanding translatable football and skills to the field of play, tendencies, mechanics, judging players ability vs potential and production, et all. I am the least emotional when formulating an assessment of football product.
I guess my previous response/joke about coffee was too harsh for some and deleted. Let me restate in a more amenable fashion;

Going on an internet sports message board and claiming to be an expert with years of experience that only uses reason to provide insight does not move the needle because anyone can say they are anything here. There are no background checks.

Your opinion regarding the potential of the two QBs in question does not line up with a lot of Saints fans and most of the analysts that get paid to share their insights regarding NFL QBs. You can certainly think that Hill has the most potential and best chance to be great, but that looks like it comes from personal bias and not the pure unemotional reason you infer.

Quite honestly, the NFL world of players, coaches, media and fans will consider it a major upset if Hill wins the QB job, because most of those people see Winston as the better QB now and the one with the most potential to improve. Does not mean they are correct, but that is the consensus.

I guess my previous response/joke about coffee was too harsh for some and deleted. Let me restate in a more amenable fashion;

Going on an internet sports message board and claiming to be an expert with years of experience that only uses reason to provide insight does not move the needle because anyone can say they are anything here. There are no background checks.

Your opinion regarding the potential of the two QBs in question does not line up with a lot of Saints fans and most of the analysts that get paid to share their insights regarding NFL QBs. You can certainly think that Hill has the most potential and best chance to be great, but that looks like it comes from personal bias and not the pure unemotional reason you infer.

Quite honestly, the NFL world of players, coaches, media and fans will consider it a major upset if Hill wins the QB job, because most of those people see Winston as the better QB now and the one with the most potential to improve. Does not mean they are correct, but that is the consensus.

I for one, appreciate his posts. He provides legitimate reasons for his views from his on film study rather than regurgitating what everyone is saying. And there are some in the media that agree with his views, he's provided examples of that.

If you take off the black and gold glasses, I think it's reasonable to expect Winston will improve some, but you'll still see some of the knucklehead things he did in Tampa. And, I think it's reasonable to expect a good bit of improvement with Taysom with a lot of "what the heck" plays from him too. I don't see either one flipping the switch overnight. I think the product on the field this year will not be what everyone is hoping for.

All that, and you think Hill is the better QB than Winston? Winston is head and shoulders the better QB and like Hill.

All that, and you think Hill is the better QB than Winston? Winston is head and shoulders the better QB and like Hill.
TO ALL THE ANTI TAYSOM CROWD who seem to want to pile:
1) I am never saying Hill is "light years" ahead of Winston.
2) I have never touted Hill as being a "great QB".
3) I use objectivity, with backup for my reasoning on almost anything I post.
4) You are emotionally invested in Winston, you all knee jerk comment without catching content/context and have to "react" as everything is viewed almost as personal offense...and I'm being told I post emotionally?!? What a joke
5) I spend time and like to try to share some insight when I am posting about players or things I see. I find it funny that none of the "squad" of these same people who immediately use a "clown" , "dead falcon" or "face palm" emoji haven't liked posts where I have been arguing FOR Winston or realizing positives I have given him on many levels...or any other posts.
6) I give likes to you guys when I see something positive or will agree and give props. Ya'll are making it like a divisive little spite club, completely what this forum ISN'T and HASN'T been over 2 BACK UP F-ING QBs !
7) You can't read actual detailed post and say "you are wrong"...provide no details to counter and say you are "stating fact"...F-ing ludicrous.
8) Start posting actual content, back up valid reasons that others can see and understand your take. Some might disagree with you but you have given them something that they can understand why you formulated your opinion and you might actually get some respect. Right now, most of the "squad" are just being spiteful little whiney reactors to anything they don't like. That's not what this forum is for. There will be tiffs, some clowning and debates...but ya'll starting to take this to places you don't want to go.

Drew was in the pro bowl with the Chargers before he got to the Saints. He was a very good QB already when he came to the Saints. Marty wanted Drew, not Rivers, but the owners made the choice to go with Rivers.
I'm tired of this revisionist history. He wasn't a very good QB before coming to the Saints. He was known as an inconsistent above average system QB with an average arm. If he was actually very good... He would had more than two buyers in 2006. One of those buyers was the 2nd worst team the year prior.

It's one thing to discredit Winston, but this revisionist history also discredit Brees growth and struggle he had to become a HOF QB.

Last edited:
I'm tired of this revisionist history. He wasn't a very good QB before coming to the Saints. He was known as an inconsistent above average system QB with an average arm. If he was actually very good... He would had more than two buyers in 2006. One of those buyers was the 2nd worst team the year prior.

It's one thing to discredit Winston, but this revisionist history also discredit Brees growth and struggle he had to become a HOF QB.

Pretty sure his potential career ending shoulder injury had a lot more to do with his lack of buyers than his perceived talent.

That career ending injury didn't scare teams off of Peyton Manning. Are we done playing mental gymnastics?

How is it mental gymnastics when teams openly said they were not interested in him because of the shoulder injury? How is it mental gymnastics when Sean Payton himself admitted it was risky signing Brees not knowing what they were going to get because of his shoulder?

Yes I do agree it is mental gymnastics to say Brees was elite in San Diego. I agree it is mental gymnastics when the Winstonians and Hilliites insist their guy is THE guy and all their glaring defiencies will magically be fixed in a single offseason. However it is widely common knowledge that very few people actually thought Brees would ever play again in the NFL after his injury.

How is it mental gymnastics when teams openly said they were not interested in him because of the shoulder injury? How is it mental gymnastics when Sean Payton himself admitted it was risky signing Brees not knowing what they were going to get because of his shoulder?

Yes I do agree it is mental gymnastics to say Brees was elite in San Diego. I agree it is mental gymnastics when the Winstonians and Hilliites insist their guy is THE guy and all their glaring defiencies will magically be fixed in a single offseason. However it is widely common knowledge that very few people actually thought Brees would ever play again in the NFL after his injury.
+1 for Winstonians & Hillites šŸ˜‚

This is my favorite quarterback debate since some guy tried to convince me, because he (1) had watched a tremendous amount of "film" and (2) was a vastly superior and esteemed evaluator, that Aaron Brooks was clearly a better quarterback than Archie Manning.

Let these hilarity and hijinks continue, by all means.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom