How Saints fans turn to GMs every draft weekend (1 Viewer)

One of many reasons a mock draft is a waste of time. People on this forum work themselves into a frenzy with multiple versions of mock drafts, and the end result looks basically nothing like they expected.

One of many reasons a mock draft is a waste of time. People on this forum work themselves into a frenzy with multiple versions of mock drafts, and the end result looks basically nothing like they expected.
Very true, but now there are guidelines our FO uses to make their picks. It’s just up to the Mockstars to streamline their homework

Until they prove otherwise, this scouting department has earned my trust. The past 5 years has been some of the best drafting we've seen from the Saints. Not perfect, but no team is. They obviously have a system, and it has worked very well. Even though I may say, "who the heck is that?", I will hold judgement until the players get a chance to prove what they can do.

This is what happens when you play too much Madden

I play Front Office Football. It has tangible numbers and it is hard to tell who to pick and who not to pick. Numbers can deceive just as easily as your eyes can.

The bottom line no one on this board has anywhere near as much information as the guys in the front office. Talent does not operate in a vacuum. There can only be so many mathematical exceptional players. For every great QB, a great prospect will have to fail. When you add in other factors, like chemistry, cohesion and systems a player can fail by simply being the odd man out. next consider that some players never develop (static) while some gradually improve over time. Some improve only to decline. Some will even rise fast, then have a slow decline. You only really know at the end of the career what type of player is. We are asking a lot of the front office and coaches to know which and when. The whole thing is investing in a very volatile stock market.

People who are know it all are mildly entertaining at best and irritating at worse.

I have been on this board for a very long time; I have seen many so called experts come and go. Most eventually burn themselves out.

----

I think this cuts way too close to the bone lol. Everybody becomes a draft expert in the offseason. Some take it to the next level though. Some get obnoxious with it. If you disagree with them they take it personal because they know the guy's 40 time and they watched his highlights!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom