How Scary Good are the 49ers? (1 Viewer)

Delete this nonsense before the 9ers fans' heads get too big. Sean Payton and Drew Brees aren't scared of anyone. I'll put our team up against any team any time and always expect to win.

WHO DAT BABY!

That's worked out the past two times, hasn't it?

It seems like that college rah rah stuff can get old quickly and when it does the team may be in trouble.

The Jets had that kind of swagger in Ryan's 1st 2 years then he lost control of the team.

same thing could potentially happen here.

Love your enthusiasm. But they beat us both meetings in the last two years. And I think they have fewer holes to fill than us and a boat load of draft choices. But anything is possible with SP at the helm.

Is this dude serious?

NFL defenses having a offseason to scheme against Kaperdick. Kaperdick will have a Cam Newton (2nd year) season next year.... book it.

That is ridiculous to compare him to cam newton. He throws the ball much better. Just because he is fast does not mean he is similar to Cam.

The coaching network is small and close knit, while Harbaugh might be able to find and hire assistants quality, proven guys like Ed Donatell will avoid the Niners like the plague in the future to avoid being trapped.

You're absolutely correct, the coaching network is small and close knit. And if asst coaches have to make a tradeoff of working for a winner and getting the spoils in the afterglow versus not being able to make a move right away, then winning usually wins, it's good for one's career. But I agree with you, if this is a permanent situation, it could affect being able to get quality coaches in the future. But for the time being, I don't see this as much of an issue...it might become an issue, but it's not an issue now.

There's no denying they've stockpiled talent. But eventually all that talent wants to paid. Keeping core guys like Patrick Willis is going to be expensive. Plus they had no replacement for Justin Smith when he went out with injury. Justin Smith is probably the most unheralded, unselfish player in the entire NFL. His ability to "occupy" (read; tackle) multiple opposing OL allows Aldon Smith to come in clean for sacks. It's going to be virtually impossible to replace Smith. I've never seen another player get all the accolades while the real hero does all the dirty work in the trenches without complaint. Aldon Smith's sack total went into the dumpster after Justin Smith went out. If they lost him permanently.......
They've got Willis resigned already. Bowman got resigned last offseason. Vernon Davis is resigned. Ray MacDonald was resigned. Joe Staley was resigned. Ahmad Brooks re-signed last off-season. They're already planning for Anthony Davis, Iupatti, Crabtree and Kaepernick.

It was virtually impossible to replace Bryant Young. They replaced him. They may not replace Justin Smith, but they'll find a replacement. This is the perfect draft to have a lot of late first through third round picks, and that is precisely where they've got a bunch of picks.

This narrative by folks that don't watch the 49ers on a consistent basis that Aldon Smith went in the dumper because Justin Smith got hurt misses quite a bit. It's a partially true narrative, losing Justin Smith did hurt Aldon Smith's production. But it wasn't the only issue. Aldon Smith was injured himself with a shoulder injury that limited his power rush on the tackles. Plus, Aldon Smith played more than double the number of plays versus the year before, he sort of hit a wall...

Time will tell......what seems like a great short term decision can tear a locker room apart. Harbaugh was itching to replace the steady but unspectacular Alex Smith. The way Smith publicly lost his job after injury could very well show why it's one of the longest standing unwritten laws of the NFL.

Actually the window of opportunity for widespread dissention in the locker room was last season. With Smith gone, it's Kaepernick's team, for good or bad.

Ummm....Payton has almost always allowed his assistants to interview for promotions. Seems like he only denied permission once for an interview with a division rival (Bucs wasn't it?). Harbaugh hasn't let any of assistants interview for any promotion (division rival or not). While they publicly may be all smiles I'd bet there some real building animosity over continous denials.
You might be right, and Harbaugh might need to re-think his current policies. I agree with you on this point, I disagree with Harbaugh, but it's working for now.

Overall though, I think the 49ers are in absolutely great shape going forward, mainly because I'm really encouraged by Kaepernick's work ethic. He hasn't allowed his success to go to his head. The first thing Kaepernick did after he took a week off post-Super Bowl was to head down to Atlanta and begin training. He leads by example and it puts pressure on the other players to work hard. For example, for a week after Kaepernick went down to ATL, all the buzz around 49ers fans was: "where's A.J. Jenkins?", "Kaepernick is already in ATL, where is Jenkins?" So, Jenkins shows up in ATL to work out two weeks after the SB, and the fans are complaining that he's late, that he's slacking. And I'm sure that Jenkins felt the heat from that.

What the 49ers are benefitting from right now are the previous five years of becoming disciplined in their Cap Management. Paraag Marathe has done an outstanding job in coordinating their salary cap. They don't have much, if any, dead salary on their roster any longer.

Is this dude serious?

Do you mean the part about "anything possible with SP," or the part about "They beat us the last 2 years, have fewer holes to fill and 5 of the 1st 102 draft picks this year along with 15 total.

I guess you could say I'm kinda serious about this.

Great analysis Dapperdan. Some fans in this forum have a better handle on the team than some Niner fans do.
No way to predict the future but the front office is doing a fine job by keeping the team highly competitive now without mortgaging the future( seriously doubt we'll see Revis in red and gold soon). The team has a few key older vets like J Smith, Gore, Whitner and Rogers that must be replaced soon. Goldson, Manningham and Moss are likely gone too.
Luckily, this upcoming draft isn't one that's top heavy with just a few great players but instead full of quality players in the early rounds without much difference in the positions that the Niners need.
Good luck to you in the upcoming year and hopefully our teams will be playing each other in the playoffs!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom