How Scary Good are the 49ers? (1 Viewer)

They have a head coach who is an idiot when it matters most. That's the one fact that will be this Niners team's legacy. Look at how many BCS appearances he got with Luck. Dude might be able to coach some regular season wins, but I'm even shocked he made the show this time. Karma is a *****, and he puts out the negative stuff all the time and reaps it right back.

So scary they lost a SB that everyone thought they'd easily win. So scary that they'll be 1 and done in playoff next yr. So scary Keapernick will have an awful yr at the helm of the team.

Now are they good? Yes! Are they great? Scary? Pfffftttt sound like the media starting **** trolling, trolling, trolling...

Personally, I really don't have any hate for the 49ers.

Man, it was really hard to read past ^this^ opening sentence.

But frankly it's not so much a matter of what other teams are capable of doing, but rather it's more important to become a little bit better than they are!

There are teams every year that look like the best of the best on paper, but fall short (see cowboys the past 5 years). And there are always teams that seems like they are average or wont do so well that surprise (colts last season). March has just started, way to early to talk about how good they are going to be. I agree with the poster who said that Kap will struggle this season.

Their defense is only as good as Justin Smith's health is. He's getting old. He's a great player, but you saw them have trouble when he was playing with that triceps injury.

If CK can avoid turnovers they'll do fine. But, if they start taking more chances, his youth will come out and they'll turn over the ball more.

Also, their secondary needs work.

Ward - that could change real quick with Revis

The Ravens showed the entire world that anyone can beat the 49ers with a pocket passing QB, a held in check run game, an aging defense, attitude, and good special teams play. The Seahawks and Rams shows the the entire world that you just have to hit the 49ers in the mouth to beat them.

The Niners win physiologically. They play with hunger, swagger, and attitude. That usually wins games before the coin toss against most opponents. They have holes on offense and defense just like every other team in the NFL.

The only thing that I worry about is Mike Wallace signing with them. If that happens, then they will be hard to stop.

There are teams every year that look like the best of the best on paper, but fall short (see cowboys the past 5 years).

Really? The cowboys have looked like "the best of the best" on paper the last 5 YEARS? I must have missed that memo.
Any team with Romo starting is not even top 10.

Someone goes after their D coordinator(Fangio I think is his name) for head coach next year, in addition to keeping their star players on roster. They will be scrambling.

Don't get ne wrong, they are good and they have a wealth of draft picks to help out for a few years.

St. Louis looks to get better and Seattle is a threat. Gone are the days were the NFC west was a laughing stock, where a 7-9 team gets into playoffs

Someone goes after their D coordinator(Fasano I think is his name) for head coach next year, in addition to keeping their star players on roster. They will be scrambling.

Don't get ne wrong, they are good and they have a wealth of draft picks to help out for a few years.

St. Louis looks to get better and Seattle is a threat. Gone are the days were the NFC west was a laughing stock, where a 7-9 team gets into playoffs

His name is Vic Fangio, and he was the Saints linebackers coach under Mora when the Dome Patrol was here (86-94).:jpshakehead:

Personally, I really don't have any hate for the 49ers. Never been a big fan, nor really cared much. I liked them when Young and Rice played together, but they have sucked for decades since then.

1) They have a really good young head coach
2) They have a really good young head coach
3) Their defense is extremely athletic, physical and talented
4) They seem to have a good mobile QB
5) Their O-line is made up of beasts
6) They have so many draft picks it should be illegal with 5 in the top 100 (I think?)
7) They seem to fine on cap space

Am I seeing this wrong? Are they scary good for a few years? What could bring them down quickly?

I'm an OG NFL West guy, and though I respect what their team has done, I hate the 9ers! Even worse, everyone I love is a diehard 9er. Having to watch every one of their games since I've gotten married, I've been privy to their "Saints-like" rise to the ranks of NFL elite.

Dude, I'd never admit it to the family, but YES, that team is kind of scary. Everything on your list is true. I think theyre a WR away from being monstrous. Kap is just hard to D, PERIOD. Their O is catching up to their D, and I think that was the missing element all along. And on top of all that, theyre in position to get even better. I mean, every time I talk draft with these guys, I get hit with a "15 picks" chant. Stupid 9er fans!

All that being said, I think we can take them. We're like the opposite of them, being that our D has to catch up to our O. I think/hope we took a step in the right direction with the 3-4 switch and Rob Ryan. We can go toe to toe with any team on offense in the league. And if our D could even rank in the middle somewhere, let alone in the top 10, we'd be dominating.

Really? The cowboys have looked like "the best of the best" on paper the last 5 YEARS? I must have missed that memo.
Any team with Romo starting is not even top 10.

I was just trying to pull an example to go along with the post, people outside of SR rave every year that the cowboys are stacked and are going to do something but fail. It's not my opinion it is just what is out there. And that really had nothing to do with the post, insert any team there that has underachieved then.

Personally, I really don't have any hate for the 49ers. Never been a big fan, nor really cared much. I liked them when Young and Rice played together, but they have sucked for decades since then.

1) They have a really good young head coach
2) They have a really good young head coach
3) Their defense is extremely athletic, physical and talented
4) They seem to have a good mobile QB
5) Their O-line is made up of beasts
6) They have so many draft picks it should be illegal with 5 in the top 100 (I think?)
7) They seem to fine on cap space

Am I seeing this wrong? Are they scary good for a few years? What could bring them down quickly?

They are ok as long as they play with no injuries. Last year one player (Justin Smith) got hurt for a few games and they started giving up 30+ a game and Aldo Smith couldn't buy pressure on the QB and teams started running on them, like Seattle for instance. We, on the other hand, had no injuries on defense and were the worst ever. That is what is scary. I do think that with a few key replacements we are again better than the Niners.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom