How Scary Good are the 49ers? (1 Viewer)

What could bring them down quickly?

Kaepernick plain and simple.

I see what happened to RG3 last season all over him. He did not take an entire season of hits having only played from week 10 on. He is a talented QB no doubt but as of right now there is a huge drop off after him on the depth chart. Scott Tolzien is the #2 QB. I realize they will address this issue with their 863 draft picks but that is a crap shoot there as we all know. The question that remains to be seen with the 49ers is can Kapernick do what he was able to do for 8 games last year for an entire season year after year. Harbaugh has hitched his wagon to him and I for one am ready to see where he takes him.

Am I seeing this wrong? Are they scary good for a few years? What could bring them down quickly?

A Kopernicus broken leg. Mobile QBs are nice but they don't last. Whether it's injury or age, their "feets don't fail me now" first and only instinct leave them with no 2nd option when they start failing them. Yes, Vick smoked us for more seasons than we care to remember and maybe it won't be right away for Colon either. But he hasn't even had an entire season yet and dude really strikes me as a QB who has no idea how tough it's going to get. And all their eggs are in his basket now.

I do think they're a good team, tho -- much as it hurts to admit -- so they may be around for a while.

Personally, I really don't have any hate for the 49ers. Never been a big fan, nor really cared much. I liked them when Young and Rice played together, but they have sucked for decades since then.

Translation : I was a 49ers fan back in the day (Rice Young) but after they started losing all the time..... I jumped ship and became a Saints fan because hey they are the home team after all. Now the 49ers seem to be back and my fan man is coming back for them...

Saints fans will never like the 49ers it will NEVER happen.... Respect them maybe but "like" NEVER

" Am I seeing this wrong?"

They have a head coach who is an idiot when it matters most. That's the one fact that will be this Niners team's legacy. Look at how many BCS appearances he got with Luck. Dude might be able to coach some regular season wins, but I'm even shocked he made the show this time. Karma is a *****, and he puts out the negative stuff all the time and reaps it right back.

Absolutely agree. It's the same with Mike Smith. The coach folds under pressure. He loses composure and so does his team.

I'm not scared of anyone. We've already proven that, with just a mediocre defense, our offense is good enough to beat anyone. I don't waste my time looking at how 'scary good' another team is. With just a few Key additions, we will be in the run for a SB appearance this year.

How many fans have been saying that every year since Payton has been here?

If you are a true Saints fan then you HATE the 49ers just like you HATE the Falcons...this thread is ridiculous...sounds like a closet Whiner fan to me

if you don't hate them for our NFL West history, you should hate them for knocking us out of the 2011 playoffs and ruining our potential second Lombardi. The coach is an *** and their fans are the worst. I like the city of San Francisco, but 9ers fans are trash.

The Niners are young have good leadership and a lot of draft picks. WRs and CB are their only weakness. Kaepernick with more experience under his belt iis gonna be a problem.

Personally, I really don't have any hate for the 49ers. Never been a big fan, nor really cared much. I liked them when Young and Rice played together, but they have sucked for decades since then.

1) They have a really good young head coach
2) They have a really good young head coach
3) Their defense is extremely athletic, physical and talented
4) They seem to have a good mobile QB
5) Their O-line is made up of beasts
6) They have so many draft picks it should be illegal with 5 in the top 100 (I think?)
7) They seem to fine on cap space

Am I seeing this wrong? Are they scary good for a few years? What could bring them down quickly?

Holy macaroni, in regards to the bolded above... Really?!?! You've posted some nutty threads, but i have to seriously ask... Are you a Saints fan? Maybe i've mistooken you this whole time, i'm asking seriously, i've never heard a Saints fan say they were a fan of niners during that time span... I myself hated them with a passion, a very great passion. Granted, after they retired i do have a respect for those players for their talent but when we faced them twice a year i hated them with the passion of a thousand suns. Just strange.

As to the rest of your post they do have a very good young team, but so does Sea, they will be fighting with them for dominance in that division. Zona might be much improved as well not to mention the Rams. The west might not be such a cake walk for them anymore making it that much harder for them to be a really good team. Personally i think Sea is right there with them in terms of young talent.

What?!
How is it that you are a Saints fan?

Now that's going low Bro. Paper bags and all. My heart is gold and blood is black.

When I look around the league, I think the Ravens are a quality team, but not a perennial SB team. The Pats will always be in the hunt s long as they have Bellicheck and Brady. The Failcons have a broken wing. The only team that stands out to me that has the potential to be a Saints competitive powerhouse is the 49ers. They look loaded. Let's hope they self-destruct from the inside. But Harbaugh is a pretty good coach and will try to prevent that.

Someone goes after their D coordinator(Fangio I think is his name) for head coach next year, .......

I think you hit on their best chance for their demise besides injuries. Losing top coordinators can bring a team down. And not letting their coaches talk till other teams until their contract is up may very well start some dissension among the coaches.

They are a good team but they went basically with no injuries last year. You cannot count on that every year. Film on big nose as well.

1) They have a really good young head coach
2) They have a really good young head coach
3) Their defense is extremely athletic, physical and talented
4) They seem to have a good mobile QB
5) Their O-line is made up of beasts
6) They have so many draft picks it should be illegal with 5 in the top 100 (I think?)
7) They seem to fine on cap space

Hate, hate, hate the 49'ers. Cheatin' franchise that they are!! Dude, you might not dislike them, but you are in the wrong place to start touting them as some kind of "Dream Team". And that's all I got to say about that!!! Almost all, Harbaugh is the biggest crybaby I have ever seen...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom