How Scary Good are the 49ers? (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
Personally, I really don't have any hate for the 49ers. Never been a big fan, nor really cared much. I liked them when Young and Rice played together, but they have sucked for decades since then.

1) They have a really good young head coach
2) They have a really good young head coach
3) Their defense is extremely athletic, physical and talented
4) They seem to have a good mobile QB
5) Their O-line is made up of beasts
6) They have so many draft picks it should be illegal with 5 in the top 100 (I think?)
7) They seem to fine on cap space

Am I seeing this wrong? Are they scary good for a few years? What could bring them down quickly?

Personally, I really don't have any hate for the 49ers. Never been a big fan, nor really cared much. I liked them when Young and Rice played together, but they have sucked for decades since then.

1) They have a really good young head coach
2) They have a really good young head coach
3) Their defense is extremely athletic, physical and talented
4) They seem to have a good mobile QB
5) Their O-line is made up of beasts
6) They have so many draft picks it should be illegal with 5 in the top 100 (I think?)
7) They seem to fine on cap space

Am I seeing this wrong? Are they scary good for a few years? What could bring them down quickly?

NFL defenses having a offseason to scheme against Kaperdick. Kaperdick will have a Cam Newton (2nd year) season next year.... book it.

I'm not scared of anyone. We've already proven that, with just a mediocre defense, our offense is good enough to beat anyone. I don't waste my time looking at how 'scary good' another team is. With just a few Key additions, we will be in the run for a SB appearance this year.

NFL defenses having a offseason to scheme against Kaperdick. Kaperdick will have a Cam Newton (2nd year) season next year.... book it.

Actually that's the smartest insight I've heard yet. But even then, they went 13-3 with a serviceable Trent Dilfer type QB in Smith.

They'll have to pay all those guys sooner or later, and won't be able to do it obviously. But of course, until then they'll truly be illegal

Trust, and believe as good as they are dem boys are better. Just fix the defense to average, and Brees will work out the rest. We saw him tear up their defense before when it mattered most, even through acouple costly turovers he managed to destroy it.

They are great. But the saints, are greater. Speaking out of homerism right now this offense is incredible. Drew Brees does things that amaze me every single game he can get the saints through this barbwire fence.

Really not scared of any team in this league.

Does anyone remember that losing SB teams usually have a hard time the following year? I do agree that they're sitting pretty with a young franchise qb and a boat load of picks.

Actually that's the smartest insight I've heard yet. But even then, they went 13-3 with a serviceable Trent Dilfer type QB in Smith.

True, but the Defense had a ridiculous league-leading positive turnover ratio at plus 25 that year. Thats the only way you go 13-3 with the Trent Dilfer type game manager. Remember we had 5 turnovers on the road in the divisional playoff against them that year and still should have won the game at the end if the defense can make 1 play.:jpshakehead:

Their defense is only as good as Justin Smith's health is. He's getting old. He's a great player, but you saw them have trouble when he was playing with that triceps injury.

If CK can avoid turnovers they'll do fine. But, if they start taking more chances, his youth will come out and they'll turn over the ball more.

Also, their secondary needs work.

Kapernose will flame out by Week 6. Not worried.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom