How should Deuce be used? (1 Viewer)

should Deuce get 20 to 30 carries a game

What do you think?

I think some people need to learn how to accept the fact that the Jim Haslett era is over and Deuce will never get 30+ carries in this offense.

He is already getting the majority of the carries now and people are still complaining.

I dunno, maybe on 3rd and I in the second quarter so TB des not get the ball back and get life instead of a rollout pass.

Sorry. That play peaved me despite the win

As long as his knee is up to it.

Do we have anything official on the status of Duece's knee? I see anedoctal reporting from folks here but I have not seen anything official about it. If it is true, it would explain the way Duece is being used.

I am more concerned about Deuce's numbers recently than Bush's.

Brees has stepped up so far, but a running game would be great right about now.

IMO, just another STUPID (well, I DID say it was my opinion) thread by monday morning coaches that haven't a clue. Even if Deuce did not look hurt (he does when he runs), none of you guys are in the same coaching/game-planning league as Payton and the Saints' staff and players.

The audacity of you guys, even after we are up 6-2?!?

And for all of you Fantasy Footballers that have your own agenda....as Archie Bunker said: "STIFLE!".

In the RB position on every down, with Reggie coming in for the 3rd receiver.

Run the end-around action 20-30 times per game.

If I get exceptionally bored, I'll go over the actual plays, but from memory, I think we ran it, what, 10-15 times all year? And I can't ever recall it not giving Deuce great running lanes. Hand it to Reggie like one out of ten times to keep 'em honest, and a Superdome Special or two. Not to mention the passing possibilities...

Do we have anything official on the status of Duece's knee? I see anedoctal reporting from folks here but I have not seen anything official about it. If it is true, it would explain the way Duece is being used.

You do see that Payton is like Parcells in the way that he doesn't like to discuss injuries or roster adjustments right? I'm not being sarcastic......just watching the games and well, reading the forum, i know that Deuce is injured. It can be confusing because we are used to seeing McCarthyist head scratcher decisions.......but compare the first half of the fist bucs game to everything that has happenend since. Deuce is injured. I'm sure there was a report on here from practice last week confirming it.....but I couldn't tell you where to look.

IMO, just another STUPID (well, I DID say it was my opinion) thread by monday morning coaches that haven't a clue. Even if Deuce did not look hurt (he does when he runs), none of you guys are in the same coaching/game-planning league as Payton and the Saints' staff and players.
And for all of you Fantasy Footballers that have your own agenda....as Archie Bunker said: "STIFLE!".

Hey I have an idea, if you don't like it, don't click on the thread and bore us with your rhetoric..

I played football all the way through college and coached for three years after that.. I am not an NFL coach, but as a Saints fan since i was 3, I have the right to say anything I wish.. By the way, I do know football quite well, thank you very much.

You do see that Payton is like Parcells in the way that he doesn't like to discuss injuries or roster adjustments right? I'm not being sarcastic......just watching the games and well, reading the forum, i know that Deuce is injured. It can be confusing because we are used to seeing McCarthyist head scratcher decisions.......but compare the first half of the fist bucs game to everything that has happenend since. Deuce is injured. I'm sure there was a report on here from practice last week confirming it.....but I couldn't tell you where to look.

I agree that something may be wrong, but I also think it just might be speculation.. I too would like to know for sure.

I agree that something may be wrong, but I also think it just might be speculation.. I too would like to know for sure.

I'lll try to find it, i talked to a friend of mine who listenened to the coaches int today, had the rb coach. He said deuce will need to be scoped in the offseason. He is a functional back but he gets sore. Also, I tend to believe that coaches want something out of Deuce in January when they will need him most.

BTW......think of the gameplan. Payton (parcells like) talks all week about getting the running game going, Tampa complies by loading the box with 8-9 players (payton knows gruden) and payton comes out throwing deep. Do you think THAT is an accident?

Deuce should be used as a DECOY, just like Reggie!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom