How soon before gas prices start to rise? (1 Viewer)

What needs to happen is that we need to get off the grid. $500 billion and potentially up to $2 trillion could have solved anybody's (including ours) oil problems. TPS

Exactly Steve. And that calculator is still counting up quickly. I seldom agree or align with any parties politics but this line by Bush is spot on...that "America is addicted to oil" and that we need alternatives. But then you must ask what is he doing to generate funding, support etc or it is just more talk.

As far as Iraq goes - we should just withdraw immediatley. We can't afford the no strategy effort and regardless, whoever emerges as leaders will have to sell the oil to us anyway - they can't drink the stuff.

I'm just po'd prop 87 didn't pass.

Pay more now or pay way more later.
Looks like we decided to pay waaaayyyy more later.
Brilliant.

Gas went up 10 cents here in the past couple of days. Still the same on post, though ($2.09). We got gas when we went to the Commissary this morning. It was the same as last week.

Jan

Oil prices (per barrel)

clfclosewt3.gif

As you can see they've already risen 3+ dollars a barrel since the election, but such a spike is, by itself, meaningless. You'll have to watch over the next few months to find any trends. Plus oil prices typically go up during winter anyways.

Can't we invent something else without the ties to the existing power structure (corporate, domestic and international)?

TPS[/QUOTE]

We could, if Bush would let us.

Actually, if the Demos pass a windfall profit tax (which the consumer will pay for), that will
really give oil companies plenty of incentive to spend large amounts of their capital on alternative
energy technology.

Lets see what happens.

Joe

Last edited:
...This guy, Dubya, has such deep inroads to the oil industry in Texas- and influence in the policy of our country in regards to oil- that it's ridiculous. True, he was born and educated in friggin' CONNECTICUT, despite the Cowboy image he tries so desperately to portray, but he does have a lot of buddies in the "Awl Bidness" that he looks out for, and to think othrwise is naive.......

"You can just call me Tex."

"Are you from Texas?"

"No, I'm from Connecticut, but I don't want people calling me Connie."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom