How strong is this year's overall draft class (1 Viewer)

Geldo

Dome Patrol disciple
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've seen maybe 100 mock drafts and read them all with interest - but few people seem to have touched on the overall big picture, which is...how strong is this class, and where is it strongest?

Last year the media predicted there were a load of good offensive linemen, a very thin and top-heavy LB class, a decent WR class, and hardly any CBs capable of making an impact in their rookie years. It looks like they weren't far off the mark.

So what's your take on 2008? Where is the strength and where is the depth?

I have been following posts and studying all the mainstream draft sites and the opinion I have gathered is that once again the college LB class is looking very shallow indeed, and that outside the first-round (early 2nd round) prospects there isn't really much quality there.As for our other major problem area cornerback the consensus seemed to be that there were quite a few 'good' players (maybe even stretching back into the 3rd and 4th round) but very few outstanding players.

What's your take?

Where are the bargains and where are the blue chips?

I haven't really been doing the research yet, but that is a very good point. Once the combine starts today, I will be in full draft swing and hope to have a good handle on this kind of stuff. I think that for the most part they were right last year. There are always a few goofs, but mostly right.

The team that was able to buck the trend on a top heavy, poor draft class last year was the Giants. And guess what? They won the SuperBowl with every one of their picks making the team and most having considerable playing time late in the season.

I hope we can be that team this year!!!

that's what I got also, good corners and dt's but not alot at the linebacker spot (1st round) but all and all I think this is a talented draft class, I think if we don't get the opportunity to get either Ellis or Dorsey that CB will be picked at the #10 spot by the Saint, followed in the second by a linebacker and a DT in the third.

Last edited:
The class is deep in OT's and LB's and CB's. QB is ok in this class. RB is deep. WR is not great. No Stand out Gaurds. Not many decent Centers. A couple good TE's. More 3-4 olbs that play DE (Gholston, Harvey,) DT is ok only two elites with a couple second rounders S is not great so i give it like a B-

Very top heavy at DL. LBs not great in round 1, but round 2 and 3 amazing.

DBs are pretty steady throughout, you will 'get what you pay' for there.

Not good for QBs, excepting the mid rounds 3-4.

Interior offensive line might have 2 players in the first 2 rounds. Tackles pretty deep.

RB and FB are very deep, you could get a starter if you leave it late.

WRs and TEs are alright.

Good talent through round 4.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom