Article How Terron Armstead spent the offseason mastering body and mind, so that he could master opponents (1 Viewer)

RevDeuceWindham

Player Evaluator/Analyst for The Athletic
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
For about a year now I've been talking with Duke Manyweather about how Terron Armstead having started to work out with him. In that time, the process for Terron completely changed. He wasn't passive during the offseason anymore, but he attacked the process. So, I did an interview with Manyweather as well as a bit of a film study here on Armstead.

Quick Notes:
-Technique has improved
-Hips/Knees/Ankles obviously healthy. Joints seem strong in his movement
-He's more confident in interviews, on the field, etc.
-He's dominating quality opponents.

https://theathletic.com/574736/2018...ns-saints-offseason-regimen-duke-manyweather/

Now, teach what you’ve learned to Andrus Peat, big guy. A healthy Armstead and Peat are unstoppable. Best LT/LG duo in the league when healthy!

Now, teach what you’ve learned to Andrus Peat, big guy. A healthy Armstead and Peat are unstoppable. Best LT/LG duo in the league when healthy!

And also teach it to cam, Davenport, and okafor... show them the OL secrets and Cam will interpret that to the other two from the DE perspective!

Terron Armstrong's combine numbers were so impressive but his small school background pushed him into the 3rd round where the Saints got a steal. Thought he and Lane Johnson had the most ability and potential in the 2013 draft. As Rev has said before he's taking better care of his body both during the season and off season. Left tackles aren't supposed to be able to move as well as he does.

Armstead is an absolute key to our offense being successful, especially the run game as when he is on the field it allows Peat to play LG. I did a quick analysis and posted last year that when Armstead was on the field in 2017 our offense scored 10 more points a game and the rushing output nearly doubled...he is an absolute beast, when healthy I think he is the best LT in the game today....

It's nice too see Armstead healthy and on top of his game. If he stays healthy he is another player we have to work into the equation of signing our own and he won't be cheap. Great start of the season for him it's nice to finally get to see him out there healthy.

Arkansas pine bluff man unbelievable

Rite. If u go to any SWAC games as I have, they seem to have a high school feel to them. U just don't see alot of talent that you'd feel worthy of NFL consideration. Probably 1 n every 200 SWAC players you'll find a decent pro prospect. Talk about finding a needle in the haystack

It's nice too see Armstead healthy and on top of his game. If he stays healthy he is another player we have to work into the equation of signing our own and he won't be cheap. Great start of the season for him it's nice to finally get to see him out there healthy.
We signed him to a five year extension a couple of years ago. He's under contract through 2021.

Great stuff again Rev. Thx much!

Last season when Armstead was fighting injuries all year, like it seems he has been doing for a number of years, Pete contacted a friend and ex-assistant coach for the Saints. He was told that when Armstead was involved in any and all team activities, he was a coaches dream. However, Armstead did not take offseason conditioning very serious. That gratefully has appeared to have changed!!

Great stuff again Rev. Thx much!

Last season when Armstead was fighting injuries all year, like it seems he has been doing for a number of years, Pete contacted a friend and ex-assistant coach for the Saints. He was told that when Armstead was involved in any and all team activities, he was a coaches dream. However, Armstead did not take offseason conditioning very serious. That gratefully has appeared to have changed!!

I don't think it was a matter of not taking offseason conditioning serious. It was an issue of not understanding what was going on, so he ended up spending a lot of the offseason just healing up

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom