How the draft usually goes for me as a Saints fan (1 Viewer)

WhoDat_SB44

Pimpin' Ain't Breesy!
Reaction score
Round 1-2(don’t have a 2 this year tho)
It will likely be someone I know and want. There hasn’t been too many drafts were they have taken someone early I didn’t want. Only a few drafts they took someone I was totally against. The main two were Robert Meachem and Patrick Robinson who were not really on my radar at all. I wanted Greg Olsen over Meachem big time. I wanted Carlos Dunlap over PRob. Maybe Kenny Vaccaro as I wanted LB Jarvis Jones out of Georgia. Good thing we took Vaccarro cause that would of been another bad LB pick for coach lol. Another was Andrus Peat when I think I wanted either Bud Dupree or DeVante Parker. But for the most part they picked someone I wanted.

Round 3: likely someone I know but didn’t really want. Sometimes they pick the guy I really wanted like Terron Armstead, Jimmy Graham, John Jenkins, Alvin Kamara, and Martez Wilson(yikes). Another LB bust, so maybe they should stay away from Murray ?

Round 4-7: Someone we never heard of or didn’t look at cause we thought we would select another position. It could be a position we need, but someone we have never heard of for that position. This year I looked at more positions than normal since we don’t have a lot of needs. So we will likely go guard, defensive tackle, or safety since I haven’t really looked at those positions for later in the draft. I don’t see how we could go with either DT or S. We took two safeties that are still on the team last year and picked one up in free agency. I don’t think we need a defensive tackle or a guard at all, but others on here seem to think that. Sometimes they get it right like last year with CGJ in the 4th, but he was a HUGE steal IMO. A few other times, but most times I’m like WHO?!?! ?

Last edited:

renegadewa

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Round 1-2(don’t have a 2 this year tho)
It will likely be someone I know and want. There hasn’t been too many drafts were they have taken someone early I didn’t want. Only a few drafts they took someone I was totally against. The main two were Robert Meachem and Patrick Robinson who were not really on my radar at all. I wanted Greg Olsen over Meachem big time. I wanted Carlos Dunlap over PRob. Maybe Kenny Vaccaro as I wanted LB Jarvis Jones out of Georgia. Good thing we took Vaccarro cause that would of been another bad LB pick for coach lol. Another was Andrus Peat when I think I wanted either Bud Dupree or DeVante Parker. But for the most part they picked someone I wanted.

Round 3: likely someone I know but didn’t really want. Sometimes they pick the guy I really wanted like Terron Armstead, Jimmy Graham, John Jenkins, Alvin Kamara, and Martez Wilson(yikes). Another LB bust, so maybe they should stay away from Murray ?

Round 4-7: Someone we never heard of or didn’t look at cause we thought we would select another position. It could be a position we need, but someone we have never heard of for that position. This year I looked at more positions than normal since we don’t have a lot of needs. So we will likely go guard, defensive tackle, or safety since I haven’t really looked at those positions for later in the draft. I don’t see how we could go with either DT or S. We took two safeties that are still on the team last year and picked one up in free agency. I don’t think we need a defensive tackle or a guard at all, but others on here seem to think that. Sometimes they get it right like last year with CGJ in the 4th, but he was a HUGE steal IMO. A few other times, but most times I’m like WHO?!?! ?

I approve of this message because it's usually the same for me and the way I look at things. I will say that the Saints get it right far more than I do and I'm fine with that.

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember that year when we drafted Reggie Bush and I said "Who?".

All seriousness aside, I go into it not rooting for anyone, just waiting to see who we draft. I'm just a spectator compared to Payton, Loomis, and Ireland.

I learn a lot by watching the positions they draft. It tells me who they weren't happy with, or positions they feel needs bolstering, and I compare my spectator knowledge to reality.

Reaction score
I'll wait to get excited or disappointed after they pick their players and I can dive into the film and analysis. Otherwise to give every player in the draft a fair evaluation I'd have to put way more time into it than I could.

town123

Rookie
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the UDFA thread. Seriously...lol. I love the loading on 'maybe's' that didn't get drafted. The Saints are always a great destination because of our 'you earn it, (don't care if you were drafted) you play it' philosophy.

Sometimes I think my fingers are drunk.... read it twice it'll come to you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom