How the draft usually goes for me as a Saints fan (1 Viewer)

WhoDat_SB44

Pimpin' Ain't Breesy!
Reaction score
Round 1-2(don’t have a 2 this year tho)
It will likely be someone I know and want. There hasn’t been too many drafts were they have taken someone early I didn’t want. Only a few drafts they took someone I was totally against. The main two were Robert Meachem and Patrick Robinson who were not really on my radar at all. I wanted Greg Olsen over Meachem big time. I wanted Carlos Dunlap over PRob. Maybe Kenny Vaccaro as I wanted LB Jarvis Jones out of Georgia. Good thing we took Vaccarro cause that would of been another bad LB pick for coach lol. Another was Andrus Peat when I think I wanted either Bud Dupree or DeVante Parker. But for the most part they picked someone I wanted.

Round 3: likely someone I know but didn’t really want. Sometimes they pick the guy I really wanted like Terron Armstead, Jimmy Graham, John Jenkins, Alvin Kamara, and Martez Wilson(yikes). Another LB bust, so maybe they should stay away from Murray ?

Round 4-7: Someone we never heard of or didn’t look at cause we thought we would select another position. It could be a position we need, but someone we have never heard of for that position. This year I looked at more positions than normal since we don’t have a lot of needs. So we will likely go guard, defensive tackle, or safety since I haven’t really looked at those positions for later in the draft. I don’t see how we could go with either DT or S. We took two safeties that are still on the team last year and picked one up in free agency. I don’t think we need a defensive tackle or a guard at all, but others on here seem to think that. Sometimes they get it right like last year with CGJ in the 4th, but he was a HUGE steal IMO. A few other times, but most times I’m like WHO?!?! ?

Last edited:
Round 1-2(don’t have a 2 this year tho)
It will likely be someone I know and want. There hasn’t been too many drafts were they have taken someone early I didn’t want. Only a few drafts they took someone I was totally against. The main two were Robert Meachem and Patrick Robinson who were not really on my radar at all. I wanted Greg Olsen over Meachem big time. I wanted Carlos Dunlap over PRob. Maybe Kenny Vaccaro as I wanted LB Jarvis Jones out of Georgia. Good thing we took Vaccarro cause that would of been another bad LB pick for coach lol. Another was Andrus Peat when I think I wanted either Bud Dupree or DeVante Parker. But for the most part they picked someone I wanted.

Round 3: likely someone I know but didn’t really want. Sometimes they pick the guy I really wanted like Terron Armstead, Jimmy Graham, John Jenkins, Alvin Kamara, and Martez Wilson(yikes). Another LB bust, so maybe they should stay away from Murray ?

Round 4-7: Someone we never heard of or didn’t look at cause we thought we would select another position. It could be a position we need, but someone we have never heard of for that position. This year I looked at more positions than normal since we don’t have a lot of needs. So we will likely go guard, defensive tackle, or safety since I haven’t really looked at those positions for later in the draft. I don’t see how we could go with either DT or S. We took two safeties that are still on the team last year and picked one up in free agency. I don’t think we need a defensive tackle or a guard at all, but others on here seem to think that. Sometimes they get it right like last year with CGJ in the 4th, but he was a HUGE steal IMO. A few other times, but most times I’m like WHO?!?! ?

I approve of this message because it's usually the same for me and the way I look at things. I will say that the Saints get it right far more than I do and I'm fine with that.

Yeah, I remember that year when we drafted Reggie Bush and I said "Who?".

All seriousness aside, I go into it not rooting for anyone, just waiting to see who we draft. I'm just a spectator compared to Payton, Loomis, and Ireland.

I learn a lot by watching the positions they draft. It tells me who they weren't happy with, or positions they feel needs bolstering, and I compare my spectator knowledge to reality.

I'll wait to get excited or disappointed after they pick their players and I can dive into the film and analysis. Otherwise to give every player in the draft a fair evaluation I'd have to put way more time into it than I could.

I'm waiting for the UDFA thread. Seriously...lol. I love the loading on 'maybe's' that didn't get drafted. The Saints are always a great destination because of our 'you earn it, (don't care if you were drafted) you play it' philosophy.

Sometimes I think my fingers are drunk.... read it twice it'll come to you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom