How the Eli Apple trade helped transform the Saints defense (1 Viewer)

Eli isn't a great corner, but he's a good #2 and only 23. His best ball is ahead of him and I can only imagine him being better with a full camp under his belt. Time will allow him to become mentally better also. He has the physical ability, but New York affected his mental game. If he can put it all together with Lattimore & PJ we would have 3 solid corners for years to come.

Last edited:
Eli isn't a great corner, but he's a good #2 and only 23. His best ball is ahead of him and I can only imagine him being better with a full camp under his belt. Time will allow him to become mentally better also. He has the physical ability, but New York affected his mental game. If he can out it all together with Lattimore & PJ we would have 3 solid corners for years to come.
PJ has played very well in the slot this year. Don't forget, we have PROB on IR. It will be interesting to see if we keep PJ

The numbers are pretty convincing. For a #2, Apple is a substantial upgrade.

Looking at the 80 CBs with the most coverage snaps through Week 7, Crawley ranked 79th in both Yards/Att ( 12.3) and QBRating Allowed (152.1).

Among the same sample size since the acquisition, Apple has ranked 46th in Yards/Att (7.7) and 32nd in QBRating Allowed (81.0).

I don't think he had a single P.I. vs the Eagles and that's probably the biggest difference.

Though they were probably too busy calling Peat for holding. :LOL:

I don't think he had a single P.I. vs the Eagles and that's probably the biggest difference.

Though they were probably too busy calling Peat for holding. :LOL:
I was pleasantly surprised that the refs were letting the corners and WR battle it out a little.

Eli isn't a great corner, but he's a good #2 and only 23. His best ball is ahead of him and I can only imagine him being better with a full camp under his belt. Time will allow him to become mentally better also. He has the physical ability, but New York affected his mental game. If he can out it all together with Lattimore & PJ we would have 3 solid corners for years to come.

Dont forget about PRob

Edit: I see someone else beat me. Lol. Carry on

Sorry I posted on the wrong thread. It's late and I'm real tired I guess. But since I'm here, I really like how Apple is playing better each game. I hope he keeps improving, because he turning into a very solid #2 CB. I also believe after another offseason in the system, he can get even better. I deleted my previous thread, so I'm ok now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom