"How to beat the Falcons in the GA dome" by Trent Dilfer (1 Viewer)

On a somewhat related note... I have a close friend who is a diehard Turds fan and a season ticket holder for years... He said (and meant it) that he really believes that Arthur Blank is playing dirty and buying up as many of the opposing team tickets as possible, so the Falcons fans can easily dominate their dome. He says that this year has been strange in that he sees much less opposing team's fans in the stands at Turd games this year than ever before.

FWIW.

I've been asking for someone to describe this play, as I did not see the game. Anyone? Dare I say, Bueller? :hihi:

Critical 4th down play, which ultimately led to a Falcons TD... They threw it to Gonzo for the first... replay clearly showed the ball hit the ground as Gonzo was falling (no catch)... but ruled a catch on the field... MM didn't challenge, Turds rushed to the line and ran another play... rest is history.

Critical 4th down play, which ultimately led to a Falcons TD... They threw it to Gonzo for the first... replay clearly showed the ball hit the ground as Gonzo was falling (no catch)... but ruled a catch on the field... MM didn't challenge, Turds rushed to the line and ran another play... rest is history.

While they did rush to the line, they still had enough time in between plays for the broadcast team to replay the Gonzalez non-catch from two different angles before the snap of the ball. After the snap, that's when Billick said that McCarthy was probably fuming mad that his coaches upstairs didn't react quick enough......and then they show McCarthy on the sideline and he's lookin' around, happy as a lark, snappin' his fingers, chewin' on some straw, daydreaming about jelly-filled donuts. I was cursing his name with violence in my voice.

While they did rush to the line, they still had enough time in between plays for the broadcast team to replay the Gonzalez non-catch from two different angles before the snap of the ball. After the snap, that's when Billick said that McCarthy was probably fuming mad that his coaches upstairs didn't react quick enough......and then they show McCarthy on the sideline and he's lookin' around, happy as a lark, snappin' his fingers, chewin' on some straw, daydreaming about jelly-filled donuts. I was cursing his name with violence in my voice.

QFT

Another kicker is that if the play would have taken place like 1o seconds after it did, it would have been within 2:00 and the booth would have auto reviewed it.

It was another big break for the Turds.

However, the play clock did clearly run out on G.B. before the snap on their game-tying drive near the end.....

Thanks DWD.

The key to beating the falcons is taking away Roddy White. He is the key to their offense. Turner is solid, Gonzalez is solid, but if you have to take away one piece it is Roddy White, because then they have to work their way down the field. White is in the top two or three targeted wide outs in the league and has been since Ryan has been the QB. Playing with a lead is also huge because they have such a good grind it out running game with Turner. If you can push down the field to make them need to go to White and then bracket him, you have your best shot at beating them.

Thanks DWD.

You're welcome... Here's more...

ATLANTA – In retrospect, Mike McCarthy probably should’ve just risked it.

The play was a crucial one – a fourth-down conversion on a drive that would end in a touchdown – but the Green Bay Packers coach and his assistants up in the press box would have had to made the decision to challenge Atlanta Falcons tight end Tony Gonzalez’s 6-yard catch blind.

“We didn’t get (a replay),” Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers, one of the coaches who work from the press box on game day, said following the Packers’ 20-17 loss to the Falcons Sunday. “Obviously that was a big play, because we had them third-and-19 and they picked up 16 yards, we missed two big tackles on (the previous play). We had pretty good coverage, and (quarterback Matt Ryan) ran around and Gonzalez got uncovered and (Ryan) got the ball to him. But I couldn’t get a replay on it before the next play came around.”

In the media section of the Georgia Dome press box, the FOX Sports telecast was roughly 20 to 25 seconds behind the action on the field. Asked if the coaches were getting the same feed as the players, offensive coordinator Joe Philbin, who also works from upstairs, replied, “Yeah. Very similar for us up in the box.”

This isn’t the first time McCarthy, who is 3-for-5 on replay challenges on the season, didn’t get the replay information he needed. It also happened against the Chicago Bears on Sept. 27 at Soldier Field...

http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/includes/news_items/40/news_items_more.php?id=4848&section_id=40

The key to stopping the dirty birds is simple, but not easy.

Stop Turner and Snelling. Shut down the running game and make Matty Ice pass-happy.

If the defense can stop the run and rush Ryan, he'll get happy feet and rush his throws. I know, he has Gonzales as his quick throw target. Have Shanle/Clark/Dunbar stick TG on the line of scrimmage and then have Roman Harper shadow him.

As I said, it will not be easy, but it can be done. That is how you beat the Falcons.

st. dave

what is good is this next time we'll have a healthy malcom jenkins and Sharper
that will allow us to put jenkins on their TE during the game this time instead of a linebacker

Seriously guys, I hate these Falcon threads... but if you want to know how to beat these fools, it's pretty easy... Stop them on 3rd downs! BOOM!, there it is.

The Falcons offense is based around ball possession and sustaining long, grinding drives. They also happen to be the best offense in the NFL when it comes to converting 3rd downs. Against us, it was a steady diet of short passes to Gonzo that killed us on 3rd downs... We all knew it was coming, but we still couldn't stop it. Hopefully, next time around (with a healthy Sharper and Jenkins) we can get that fixed.

We all know their defense can give up yards and points, but a big key is to remain balanced... The Turds have a better run defense than alot of people give them credit for... However, this is where we can take the advantage... By using the pass to set up the run, we could be very effective. Living outside of Atl. I've seen way more Falcons football this season than I care to mention... but, I have also seen what works against their D. The draw play is very effective vs. the Falcons, we should remember that... Also, well timed and executed screens can GASH their D as well.

Seriously guys, I hate these Falcon threads... but if you want to know how to beat these fools, it's pretty easy... Stop them on 3rd downs! BOOM!, there it is.

The Falcons offense is based around ball possession and sustaining long, grinding drives. They also happen to be the best offense in the NFL when it comes to converting 3rd downs.

Actually we(the Saints) are 1st in 3rd Down offense 49.66%
Atlanta is 2nd 47.65%

Actually we(the Saints) are 1st in 3rd Down offense 49.66%
Atlanta is 2nd 47.65%

That's great news! When I heard that stat it was a few weeks ago, so glad we already overtook them there...

I also think that Atlanta is near the bottom in stopping opposing teams on 3rd down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom