How To: Get the Saints back to the SB in (1) offseason (1 Viewer)

While everyone's talkin about players, I wanna see who the next DC will be. OK, its gonna be 3-4. A front 7 of Cam, Bunk, Hicks, Tez, C Lo, DH and Junior, we already got. But can they play the 3-4? The front 3 look good, but can any of the LBs play the 3-4? Some folks make it sound too easy. If thats the case, why the heck didnt SP go 3-4 last year, and hire a coach who knows it?

Then what do we do in the backfield? Go back to man? Zone? Man under? Cover 2, Cover 3, Cover 1, Cover nobody? I have no idea! And what will that DC do with Jenkins and esp Harp? IF we keep BOTH, because MJ cant play it, and Harps only good in the box, we will NEED a centerfielding FS more than anything!!!!!

Just ranting.

Can imagine if cut Hawthorne after 1 year in a 5 year deal, that it would be big cap hit.
Correct. Hawthorne is not going anywhere yet. He is an excellent middle line backer, but was extremely dissappointing last year due to injury and playing out of position in Spags scheme as an OLB. I see him and lofton as the two interior linebackers in the 3-4, tez and gallette as the rush OLB for now(both have experience playing LB and DE in college and Tez has done both as a Pro).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom