How to Improve the Defense: Offseason (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
How would yall improve the defense during the offseason? By signing what players and drafting what players?

sign nate clements, drafting patrick willis and a young corner. another young DT would be nice also

I'd sign Donnie Edwards and Nate Clements. Resign Grant and Thomas, and draft another corner and a young WR.

We won't have the cash to sign Edwards and Clements and Thomas and Grant. All will want big contracts. Edwards is the one I wouldn't worry with. Draft a MLB.

Yep. Draft Willis, and say no to Edwards unless he's willing to sign for cheap. Build for the future in the draft; Donnie Edwards is not our future. Also, CB must be addressed on the first day, preferably one over 6' tall that can catch a pass drilled into his breadbasket.

Getting close to Christmas wishlist time:)

We won't have the cash to sign Edwards and Clements and Thomas and Grant. All will want big contracts. Edwards is the one I wouldn't worry with. Draft a MLB.

You think Thomas will want a big pay day? I agree about passing on Edwards though. He is a little overrated to me.

"Re-signed for four years, $14 million on 3/4/2004. The deal included a $5 million signing bonus. Thomas is due base salaries of, for 2006: $1,900,000, and 2007: $2,000,000. He can be an unrestricted free agent in 2008. "

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1021

If anything, Thomas is overpaid, not to mention he won't be a free agent until 2008, at which time he'll probably retire.

I would like to see S. Fujita, D. Edwards, Briggs, as our linebackers
No guessing here you know what you will be getting.
Sign Clements, and draft best DL left on board
Then grab a couple of CB's next.

Sign Nate Clemens, and draft Leon Hall in the first round (we'd have to trade up for him, I'm sure). Don't know all the DTs in college, but one should be a priority in the second or third round, depending on who's available, to go alongside Hollis, who must be re-signed along with Grant. I wouldn't mind seeing Edwards come here, but only if it doesn't break the bank. Either way, an MLB should be high on the priority list in the draft as well, preferably in the second round pick, but again, it depends whether there is a player worth the pick or not.

we need a defensive tackle that can colaspe the pocket like the Jags Henderson or Stroud, or the Titan Haynesworth...Alan Branch of Michigan would be a goodpick if he comes out...we need to blow up the Cornerback position, Mckenzie should stay, but rebuild the secondary.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom