How to make highlight videos from DVD?? (1 Viewer)

Madhunter

Subscribing Member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Any help would be appreciated. I'm recording the games on DVD from my DTV NFL ticket, and would like to edit, and make highlights.
I have microsoft movie maker, but the dvd is in a format it won't play. Is there a way to convert it?

Thanks,
AMH

talk to diat he does that stuff all the time or would know if you can do it. i think you are gonna need nero and such, microsoft movie maker i don't think will cut it.

what you will need is a ripper that will rip the dvd to an avi file. then you can import that avi file into a program like windows movie maker, cut ut what you dont want, add music and transitions and whatever else you want. I am not familiar with that type of program but I know that they exist, check www.videohelp.com they have articles explaining how to do the conversion and probably have a link to free software that will do it.

THanks guys. :)

DVD Shrink also allows you to take clips out of a DVD with the reauthor function. Doing a full conversion would probably be easier when doing a lot of clips for highlights though.

WinAVI or Canopus Procoder may be what you need, but check with someone who really knows like diat150 or mattgobear.

EDIT: Oops sorry. I see that diat has already responded. Hopefully there is some free software, as the two I mentioned are not free.

Last edited:
Well, I got it done. Problem is, it's AVI, and a short ish 5min video, it's 1.8 gigs!
Is that because it's AVI, or too high a resolution? Would converting it to a different format make it smaller?

yeah its because ita avi. if its uncompressed it should be about 13 gigs per hour. what you can do is import it into windows movie maker then save it as a .wmv file... you can choose the size that you want when you select the save as movie option.

Wow. Thanx for the info on this subject. I've been wondering how to do this. I have DVD Shrink and Movie Maker.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom