How to make millions on Trump win (1 Viewer)

And here comes the selling - but it doesn't appear as brisk as anticipated.

dow actually up.

im down but nothing like anticipated.

which hopefully points to the next 4 years lol.

dow actually up.

im down but nothing like anticipated.

which hopefully points to the next 4 years lol.

I saw that volume on the Monday "rebound" was actually less than any of the nine single days of losses leading up to Monday. What it appears is that those positions were going to cash ahead of the election (and the Monday move up was short covering) - and then waiting to come back in today in sectors that reflect anticipated beneficiaries of whichever candidate won.

Makes a lot of sense.

I saw that volume on the Monday "rebound" was actually less than any of the nine single days of losses leading up to Monday. What it appears is that those positions were going to cash ahead of the election (and the Monday move up was short covering) - and then waiting to come back in today in sectors that reflect anticipated beneficiaries of whichever candidate won.

Makes a lot of sense.

totally.

im in FCX....up almost 10% ( Freeport Copper )

I can't help but chuckle a bit over this.

fvHNUxl.gif

Did you place a bet on that?

I'm done with betting for 4 years.

But in 2020, Kanye is a lock. You heard it here first.

How to make money on the election? This is a bit tongue in cheek, okay, but...

1) Buy stock (if you can) in gun manufacturers. I live in rural Texas and know a lot of liberals (self included) that are actually fearful of what their tea party neighbors will be like now they believe they have a mandate. Most of them (again, self included) are planning on arming themselves (I awoke to celebratory gunfire at about 2:30 or so this morning, btw).

2) (far more tongue in cheek) - Write a book called "How to move to Canada"

https://www.amazon.com/How-Move-Can...8718522&sr=1-1&keywords=how+to+move+to+canada

Written by a fellow Baton Rougean :)

The Trump administration stock plays will be energy (old, not alt), infrastructure/construction, and defense. Pharma might see some nice rebound because the Clinton threat is gone but not sure how it will play under Trump. Financials should also see gains due to rising interest rates and promises of less financial regulation.

Ugh I sold off a few stocks yesterday without really thinking it through. One of them was a for-profit prison company I bought after the huge dip when Obama basically buried them. Up 45% :covri:

Amazon is down a bit. Lockheed Martin is up a decent amount.

I'm super relieved that the futures weren't really indicative of what actually happened. That had me honestly worried about being set back for years. It was very stressful last night.

We will see if things stay this way, hopefully it won't be as bad as I feared.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom