How upset will you be if we don't take a CB in the first two rounds? (1 Viewer)

How upset would you be if we didn't take a CB until the 3rd or later rounds?

• Wouldn't be worried, I trust Payton and Loomis

Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Upset, but I'll be OK

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • If we pick a LB, DT or S in the 1st and 2nd, I won't worry

Votes: 78 61.4%
  • I'd be mad as heck

Votes: 19 15.0%
  • I'd give away my season tickets

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

bergeaux

Building my own team!
Reaction score
OK, let's say that for some reason, the right players don't fall to us and we don't take a CB until the 3rd or 4th round (or later). How upset will you be? :no:

I wouldnt worry about it really, i'm sure our draft boards are complety different than Payton and Mickey....i'm an Accountant not a NFL Head Coach.

Not upset at all. In fact, the CBs available are not worth the 10th pick overall. If Dorsey or Ellis are not there at 10 then the best move is to try to trade down and get more picks. Then maybe you take a Cromartie at 15 or maybe even Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt at 17...

There are some good DTs in the draft who can get after the QB....we all know that can help CBs out big time.. (Even the ones that the Saints have) ;)

If we got Dorsey, Ellis, or Gholston in the 1st, then i'm ok with not drafting a CB in the 1st or 2nd rounds

:confused: I can't see us not taking a DT, CB or LB in the 1st two rounds we have other needs but those are the most pressing needs and there is no way the front office can't see that. That being said I wouldn't be surprised to the the first round pick used on a KICKER.:p

Last edited:
There are some good DTs in the draft who can get after the QB....we all know that can help CBs out big time.. (Even the ones that the Saints have) ;)

The Icky Shuffle! I actually did that the other day after my team won a paintball match. It was as a joke, but I did it. ;)

The Icky Shuffle! I actually did that the other day after my team won a paintball match. It was as a joke, but I did it. ;)

:9:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oB_lp6vHERA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oB_lp6vHERA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I'll be fine taking BPA if you want to mark me down for that one.

Picking top 10 it really doesnt matter. There are 10 good picks in this draft, I would hate to think we would forgo a great selection to fill a perceived need.

I don't think we should be satisfied with the CBs we have on our roster right now with Jason Craft and Mike Mckenzie getting older... Randall Gay wasn't a starter in New England and Steve Smith the rookie was abusing him in the superbowl in the slot. I'll be very upset with a bunch of back up CBs

well...if we draft a QB in the 1st and a RB or WR in the 2nd...yeah, I'll be mad as heck. If we get defense in the 1st 2 rounds I'll deal.

We have a large amount of Cap space tied up with our CB's, what with McKenzie, Davids big contract last year and Gays this year. Plus Young being a 3rd round pick won't be on minimum so I don't expect us to go CB in early rounds.

I agree with the majority. Shoot, if we trade up or get lucky enough for Dorsey or Ellis to fall to us, I'm wouldn't care if we even pick a running back in round 2 (which would be my last choice), I'd still be one happy camper.

I think the third option should read "If we pick a LB, DT or S in the 1st OR 2nd, I won't worry." Instead, it reads "If we pick a LB, DT or S in the 1st AND 2nd, I won't worry." I don't think we need to be locked into picking defense in both the 1st and 2nd rounds. I'm hoping that somehow we can get Ellis or Dorsey in round 1, and I certainly think we need to spend at least one of our first two picks on D, but I can't see why Payton and Loomis should be boxed into a defensive corner in both rounds if there's a really good offensive player like a tackle or tight end still on the board. Now, I admit that picking a RB at #10 instead of a defensive player would be hard to swallow. I'm thinking more along the lines of being able to pick offense in round 2 if we pick defense in round 1.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom