How upset will you be if we don't take a CB in the first two rounds? (3 Viewers)

How upset would you be if we didn't take a CB until the 3rd or later rounds?

• Wouldn't be worried, I trust Payton and Loomis

Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Upset, but I'll be OK

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • If we pick a LB, DT or S in the 1st and 2nd, I won't worry

Votes: 78 61.4%
  • I'd be mad as heck

Votes: 19 15.0%
  • I'd give away my season tickets

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
LB/DT/S in 1 and 2 and I'm ok. Not elated, just content. Then, I'll have a sleepless night thinking which CB will be our 3rd.

We have a large amount of Cap space tied up with our CB's, what with McKenzie, Davids big contract last year and Gays this year. Plus Young being a 3rd round pick won't be on minimum so I don't expect us to go CB in early rounds.

I never know when you folks are kidding me, but...

"I don't expect us to go CB in early rounds."

You're kidding, right?

ddd

I take it you chose one of the last two options on the poll? :scratch:

LOL!

I'm in Florida, so I don't have seasons tickets.

I picked: "I'd be mad as heck "

Not sure I'd be 'mad as heck', but I'd be unhappy.

Yep, bergeaux, you hit the nail on the head that time!

ddd

JMHO: Picking a CB in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft would be a total waste. Yes, we do need a CB, but a good CB isnt one you will find as a rookie playing in the NFL. A good CB is more often found with a few years of experience. We should aquire one from another team. Once again, this is just my opinion.

JMHO: Picking a CB in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft would be a total waste. Yes, we do need a CB, but a good CB isnt one you will find as a rookie playing in the NFL. A good CB is more often found with a few years of experience. We should aquire one from another team. Once again, this is just my opinion.

There is virtually no position where someone starts right away, but 'a few years' is not right either.

"We should aquire one from another team."

We tried last year with David, and are going again by signing Gay.

Who do you have in mind out there?

I still believe the 2nd round will have at least 3 high quality CBs left at 41, and we should draft one. Years before such a player helps? No.

My opinion,

ddd

There is truth to this. CB is one of the worst as far as how quick they adjust to the NFL. But we do have to do something here. I wish we would have kept David Jones instead of one of Thomas or Craft. I know we needed them in there with the experience, but with how the season went... I would have rather put in Young and Jones and let them learn the hard way. Now we lost one of them and can't develop them into a starting CB...

OK, gotta let that go. He's gone.

I like Young, I think he has a good chance of becoming a replacement for MM. I hope we get another young one in here to compete with David and Gay for the other side. I am curious to see if Gay gets even better and maybe solidifies that side? Who knows. It could happen. Would be great if suddenly we have Young holding down one side with MM and Gay and David holding down the other side and we can forget about it while our revamped D-line buries QBs...

A fan can dream right? :ezbill:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom