How upset you think Brees was being yanked on 2nd and 3 only to watch Taysom fumble the ball away? (2 Viewers)

Super bone headed play calling by Sean, we were in the cat bird seat and the O was rolling.

This loss is on Sean and the D

Oh, and DA, I have seen enough of this man's scheme. loses us too many games
What scheme would you run? More zone? More bump and run? More blitzing? Please share.

The ball was fumbled because Taysom got careless with ball security. After the fake hand off, you have to tuck and squeeze before you start upfield. Of course, "anybody can fumble on any play." However, the fact is Taysom Hill fumbled on that play, and he did it because he did not have ball security.

The ball was fumbled because Taysom got careless with ball security. After the fake hand off, you have to tuck and squeeze before you start upfield. Of course, "anybody can fumble on any play." However, the fact is Taysom Hill fumbled on that play, and he did it because he did not have ball security.
No. "the fact is" Josh Hill missed his block and let the defender get up on the QB way to fast after the fake hand-off, there was zero time to tuck the ball, anyone was at risk to fumble in the position.

No. "the fact is" Josh Hill missed his block and let the defender get up on the QB way to fast after the fake hand-off, there was zero time to tuck the ball, anyone was at risk to fumble in the position.

Look at it again. He was stepping up the field with the ball out in front of him like he was still going to hand it off. You cannot blame a missed block. That play was a Read Option. On that play the QB has the responsibility to see the line of scrimmage and hand it to the back if the pressure is coming at him from the left, which is where it was coming from.

It was a shot play I think, but it seemed like is just took too long to develop. Don't know if that was execution or what, but it was a risky call. I like the mentality, but already had a good rhythm on offense and our defense gave us momentum. We gave it right back in brutal fashion, so he looks foolish.

I will say this. On the other Taysom run where he looked like he wanted to pull the trigger he ended up tucking it and running for like 8 yards.

Brees has said they are calling shot plays but they are covered downfield.

Supposedly Taysom has a big arm so if he also isn't taking the shot maybe there is some truth to it. Either the coverage is good, O Line is bad, or both. Brees pulled down a couple as well.

Look at it again. He was stepping up the field with the ball out in front of him like he was still going to hand it off. You cannot blame a missed block. That play was a Read Option. On that play the QB has the responsibility to see the line of scrimmage and hand it to the back if the pressure is coming at him from the left, which is where it was coming from.

Thank you! I’ve been trying to explain this to people. There was no missed block, they’re supposed to let that end/backer come free that’s how the play is designed. If they crash down on the back Taysom keeps it and Josh Hill is a lead blocker for him. If they stay home, Taysom is supposed to hand it off. He didn’t obviously. I don’t know if he didn’t read it right or if he made up his mind he was keeping it before he even took the snap.

As far as not pulling the trigger on those deep shots, I think park of that is lack of trust in the receiver to go up and get it and a focus on ball security. Taysom and Drew both did it. In fact what was probably Drew’s worst throw of the night was that one that was low to TQS (which I still think he could’ve caught) and that was because the deep route was covered. Drew decided to throw at the last minute when he could’ve probably scrambled which resulted in the low ball.

What scheme would you run? More zone? More bump and run? More blitzing? Please share.
Dan, I can only imagine how many threads on Packers forums are being devoted to the great play that the Green Bay defender made in getting into the Saints backfield and then swatting the ball out of Taysom's hands. But the fans of the losing team can only see the shortcomings of our team rather than the fine execution of our opponent. :jpshakehead:

Reminded me of when Taysom was hot and had the offense moving against the Vikings in the playoffs only to have Drew come in and stop the momentum by fumbling the ball away.

It was a really bad play by Taysom but that happens sometimes. Taysom doesn't have a history of turnovers. It was just unfortunate.

The third down WR screen to Kamara on the next drive was unforgivable though. We tried and failed on the same play to Taysom earlier in the game.

Payton lost us this game, not Taysom

That was the turning point. I don't think Drew was disappointed in the the play but the outcome.

Anybody could have fumbled on any play. The truth is, Taysom plays have saved this team most of the time. Not today, but the problems with this team are much deeper (including the problems with Brees)

Amen, and I’m tired of it. Hill made a mistake and in the eyes of some that is supposed to somehow conflate to the fact that the medium to deep game is completely absent and teams are now consistently game planning around that.

how do you think Hill felt in the minnesota game when they didnt let him continue to dominate and put brees in to only fumble the ball away?

Oh yeah it was second down, which makes it that much worse.

It's as if Payton doesn't pay attention to any success we have running the ball. Just forgets all about it.

I feel SP will never truly commit to the running game, no matter how much short term success we have with it.

DA deserves some criticism also, but I actually think the problem is deeper on the D, I think we have a culture problem. We have some players who think they are great but are really declining, call it immaturity or lack of work ethic....Right now there is no way I would commit to re-signing Lattimore to a huge contract, he is clearly not the same player ......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom