How viable is Taysom Hill trowing or catching the ball, with a taped finger against the Jets? (1 Viewer)

liveoakh

Rookie
Reaction score
Will Taysom or Trevor start? Who will be QB2 and carry the clip board, leaving Book inactive on game day?

Taysom said the finger isn’t much of a factor. He’s gonna start.
I wonder what the issues are [if any] to have that ruptured tendon [or bone fracture] repaired a month or so after sustaining the injury just so Taysom can continue as the starting QB? Obviously once a surgery is performed he won't be on the active roster. I realize that he wants this opportunity to start for us, but can/will there be a problem down the road for delaying the repair? :unsure:

Of course he is going to say his finger isn’t a factor, did Drew say his ribs were a factor going into the Bucs playoff game last year? These guys are competitors, they will find ways to play. The coaches need to be the ones to step in and throw in the damn towel.

I wonder if the finger is going to be used as an excuse for his bad passes if he does poorly again and if a healthy Siemian is actually the better choice to start given that he doesn’t have a torn ligament in his throwing hand and wasn’t throwing picks in his starts. We’ll see.
I’m sure. It baffles my mind that Trevor was ground into the dirt on here, yet seems to me to be the better (way more accurate) passer of the two. Taysom is thought of as some savior (Steve Young esque) yet couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn most throws.

And yes, I’m aware Trevor is a statue, takes bad sacks, and has low velocity on his throws. I think they’re both a turd sandwich at QB, Trevor just seems to be less of one, to me.

As so many have said, I love Taysom the football player, just don’t think he’s a good QB.

Of course he is going to say his finger isn’t a factor, did Drew say his ribs were a factor going into the Bucs playoff game last year? These guys are competitors, they will find ways to play. The coaches need to be the ones to step in and throw in the damn towel.
I have an issue w/ that, some call it competitiveness, I look at it as selfishness. As the QB you're touching the ball every play - every moment of execution of the offense goes through you. So if you have a limitation that keeps you from being the best on your team at that position at that moment, you need to speak up and let someone else handle it, because your limitation affects everyone.

I have an issue w/ that, some call it competitiveness, I look at it as selfishness. As the QB you're touching the ball every play - every moment of execution of the offense goes through you. So if you have a limitation that keeps you from being the best on your team at that position at that moment, you need to speak up and let someone else handle it, because your limitation affects everyone.
Agreed, but from Brooks to Brees, the quarterback (unless he is Jay Cutler) isn’t pulling himself out of the game. The coach has eyes just like you and I do, he needs to throw in the towel.

Apollo would still be with us if Rocky had just done his job.

Takes me back to Brooks Delhomme situation so many years ago. I think if Jim had pulled an injured Brooks for Delhomme we’d have made the playoffs that year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom