How viable is Taysom Hill trowing or catching the ball, with a taped finger against the Jets? (1 Viewer)

Everett came and left with plenty left in the tank, we just couldn’t get things going while he was here (thanks Carl Smith). The other problem was our Thunder and Lighting of Bates and Zeller was more like flaming and trash.

The dominant D was already gone by then...of the dome patrol only Sam Mills was still on the team...Everett's first year here the Saints D was 27 out of 28 in points allowed, one of the worst D's in the NFL, they weren't that bad the rest of the time he was here but they were just average...

Those teams never had a chance of contending....

The dominant D was already gone by then...of the dome patrol only Sam Mills was still on the team...Everett's first year here the Saints D was 27 out of 28 in points allowed, one of the worst D's in the NFL, they weren't that bad the rest of the time he was here but they were just average...

Those teams never had a chance of contending....
We have squandered a great amount of talent over the years.

Payton gonna pull a Belichick. He’ll have 30 rush attempts for 200 yards and 3 pass attempts.

If last week was any indication of how his passes will be, I'm terrified of trying to force the pass game with him. Ideally, we'll see something like a 70/30 run to pass ratio, with 20% of runs being from Taysom and about half of the passes being screens and short routes. That would be our best chance, but that'll be dependent on how well we move the chains. I don't feel confident airing it out at any point in this game.

I've been saying this for the last year or so (since Brees was on the field against TB when he obviously should have been)....it is the coaches decision.....I truly don't understand why folks blame the player....

Jim Everett teams? If the Jim Mora teams with the dome patrol had decent offensive coaching we would have won a SB IMO....
Or two or three.

Everett came and left with plenty left in the tank, we just couldn’t get things going while he was here (thanks Carl Smith). The other problem was our Thunder and Lighting of Bates and Zeller was more like flaming and trash.
Yea Jim Everett was really good his first 2 seasons in New Orleans , had we not lost most of the defense with Ricky Jackson ,Sam Mills , Toi Cook ,Vaughn Johnson ,ect . Plus loosing Morton Anderson . We might have had a small window there to get over the hump and win in the post season . I remember those final years with coach Mora 94, 7-9 after slow start , 95 started 0-5 to finish 7-9 .Then of course the wheels fell off in 96 .

It seems to be a common forum thread to suggest that a player should take himself out if he's hampered by something to the point of diminished ability... for the good of the team....

I'd like to point out that I have never EVER seen that happen... I've seen guys take themselves out, like Drew did when his thumb didn't work or when he couldn't breathe because his lung was collapsed, but that was not .... for the good of the team..... That was because he physically couldn't do it.

Taysom could take snaps, hand off, run the ball, and sort of throw. Isn't it really up to the coaches at that point to decide who gives the team the best chance??
And to back this up....

“This is the next opportunity for me and I'm going to do everything I can to take advantage of that and help us win games,” Hill said. “I have told the coaches, 'Listen, I'm going out to play and I'm going to compete. If you guys see something to where you feel I can't be as effective as I need to be, then I get it. I'm a team guy and willing to play in whatever capacity, whatever that looks like.’”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom