How viable is Taysom Hill trowing or catching the ball, with a taped finger against the Jets? (1 Viewer)

I know where you're coming from. Basketball is not a good sport for me. Psychologically speaking, the diameter of the basketball is much larger than the hoop. I never could make it work for me.
:sad:
I wasn't always this bad...I'm convinced 11 year old me would beat the brakes off 40 year old me. If it were in my backyard, I'd be tossing up airballs to my hearts content, but in my front yard, I just let the kids go at it.

I understand from Hills perspective, he has a chance to start at QB and he is not going to let that injury stop him, this may be his last chance to impress the coaching staff that he can be an NFL QB.
Apparently he does not need to impress Coach Sean I believe there is another thread discussing the possibility taysom and sean might be related.......lol

It seems to be a common forum thread to suggest that a player should take himself out if he's hampered by something to the point of diminished ability... for the good of the team....

I'd like to point out that I have never EVER seen that happen... I've seen guys take themselves out, like Drew did when his thumb didn't work or when he couldn't breathe because his lung was collapsed, but that was not .... for the good of the team..... That was because he physically couldn't do it.

Taysom could take snaps, hand off, run the ball, and sort of throw. Isn't it really up to the coaches at that point to decide who gives the team the best chance??

I love Hill, his leadership, his grit and his drive, but playing with and injured finger on your throwing hand hurts the team. Sit and let TS or Book play

Kamara is the key, followed by at least one of our tackles to give the QB a little more time. Siemian was terrible once we lost Kamara. We're going to have a hard time without Harris as well, but Kamara is the most important player. Taysom will have more success if Kamara returns. Plus, our defense is going to have to have some great games like they did earlier this year.

I wonder if the finger is going to be used as an excuse for his bad passes if he does poorly again and if a healthy Siemian is actually the better choice to start given that he doesn’t have a torn ligament in his throwing hand and wasn’t throwing picks in his starts. We’ll see.
And...........he didn't just come off a game, where he threw 4 INTs w/ said finger. Taysom can talk all the talk he wants, but he isn't going to play. He is going to ride the clip board, and let Book remain on the inactive list.

our "in the hunt" status is now we need help from other teams and that never works well
According to the NY Times, if we win out there's a 99% chance of making the playoffs.

So, that doesn't really look like we'd need much help.

P.S. This is not in any way me saying that we will make the playoffs. I don't believe there is a winnable game left on the schedule (even in a theoretical world where the other team misplaces half of their players on the way to the stadium).

You do realize, we are about to play the Jets..

According to the NY Times, if we win out there's a 99% chance of making the playoffs.
This is the first time in many years that the Saints could finish the season 5-0 and could potentially miss the playoffs anyway.
Losing even one of the remaining 5 games will then require some significant help from other teams to get in.
I hope we won't have to deal with too many more seasons like this in the future. It's such a buzz kill.

Sean Payton suggests Saints sticking with Taysom Hill at QB vs. Jets​

I have a funny feeling that he isn't putting feelers out to see what everyone else thinks about the idea. :hihi:
If this is Sean's 'suggestion', then this is Sean's plan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom