How was you experience at Cowboy Stadium? (1 Viewer)

I worked the game..as off duty police officer...was so great to wear my Saints wool cap on and get looks from the other workers....so many people were amazed at the sheer volume of Saints fans in attendance ...I told them that we of the WHO DAT nation would show them how to cheer a team on..(Cowboys fans are lame and bandwagoners)..the Who DAT nation came through and was so much louder than the Cowgirl fans...several workers asked if we were this nuts at our Home games...to which I responded that true passion and love for ones team is not being "nuts"...it is a requirement of the Who DAT Nation... We arenot fair weather like Cowboys fans

.in my position I had to temper my enthusiasm some...but I know I failed in that regard...some of my coworkers told me I should have just worn my Saints gear...I did put on my Saints skull cap as soon as the game was over...sweet sweet victory...talked to some great Saints fans and got heckled by some Cowgirls fans for being in uniform with a Saints hat on...really enjoyed seeing Optimus do the robot dance .....saw the Mad Datter...Clown...and all the beautiful Who Dat Nation ladies.....so much classier than the Cowgirls chicks..but it was great to know that I will be able to hold my head high at the department and say to all these Cowboy coworkers of mine that we kicked your butts and also showed you how to be a real fan...I usually make it to one Saints home game a year with my kids..this year we went to the Cleveland game...but the Dallas game was a home game too...thanks to my Who Dat Nation Family....Happy Holidays to all of you...and I am preparing the metro plex for our triumphant return in February...I am telling people to prepare for floats and parades outside the streets of Jerry World as the Who DAT nation invades Arlington again......WHO DAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All in all a good experience. My son and I left Lafayette at 4;30 figuring we could find a pair of tickets and ultimately we did. $60 to park off site. Well ok... Wal mart across the street was convenient as we did not anticipate the cold. We had Thanksgiving dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings, which was filled with Saints Fans... We then "visited" almost all of the tailgates looking for tickets and for the most part all were friendly.... A couple of the Cowboy groups were jerks but not so bad.

When we finally scored some tickets we went stand in line for almost an hour just to get in. I've got to say the Cowboy smack talkers are pretty week. Some examples

Cowboy Fan to a Who Dat Chant - "You need diction help"
Me - "Man that was powerful dude... I bet you worked all week on that one"

Cowboy Fan - "We beat you last year... hahahah"
Me - "I am sure that kept you warm and cozy sitting on your couch in February watch US win the Superbowl"
Me followup - "I remember being a loser like the Cowboys and pointing to ONE WIN a year to make our season."

Cowboy Fan - "Well you have one SB... we have Five"
Me - "You know when my kids were young I used to tell them nursery ryhmes.... And now I tell them... Once upon a time... the Cowboys USED to be good and win Super Bowls.... But they get tired of me telling them things that are just soooooo unbelievable... I have to work really hard to convince them it was true"
Me - "Yea George Washington USED TO BE president.... But dude that was a looonnnnggggg time ago".

As I said they are weak...

The Stadium is everything it should be for $1.5 billion. It is big and it is new. But in the end its about the fans and even when they made the comeback there were not very loud at all..

Glad we did it.. Will be back in february... but not something I would want to do again...

It was like watching a football game in the center of the Mall of Louisiana. Not a "football friendly" facility at all. As stated several times before, they had to use the giant screen to tell their fans when to make noise. I'll take the Superdome over that place eight days out of the week.

Oh yeah..in my previous post I forgot to say I saw Darth Saint....was great seeing all the Saintsreport legends at the game as well...and yeah Darth...there's no place like The Dome!!!!

dude, it was so awesome seeing you on the field saying "who dat" to us. thanks for your service and major props for putting up with Cowboys fans year round. im glad the Saints pulled off a win for you!

had a great time! paid $60 to park at Cici's across from Jerry's World. Had no walk whatsoever and got in very quickly.
TONS of Saints fans everywhere. Cowboys fans in my section looked like the visiting team! They were not very animated - it was weird. Not used to see fans with no "fire"/spirit. Wasn't sure why they didn't just watch it at home.
as a woman, I can tell you I appreciated the bathroom set up!! There were about 20 stalls in the bathroom. Never stood in line for long. It was GREAT!
as far as the seats go, there is a cup holder on the back of every seat. My friend tripped on the cup holder on a bathroom excursion. I noticed multiple people almost tripping over them every time they got up to go to the bathroom too. My friend landed on the row in front of us. Thank goodness he didn't break anything. I think its bad design - they poke out a good bit.
otherwise, a brand spanking new stadium! reminded me of Wembley (went to London in '08 for the Saints vs. Chargers game) in that it was huge. But so many nice amenities.
had a great time - oh, and the W was nice too :hihi:

I was at Cici's by the who dat bread truck. Were you in the back ??

I thought Cowboys' stadium was phenominal...I got hooked up with some club tickets and party passes, so it made the experience that much better for us. I will say that I thought the seats in Cowboys stadium were further away from the field than the Superdome. Our seats were leather and very comfy although we didn't sit down much.

I thought the food at the Cowboys stadium was of much better quality than the Superdome. The hot dog was cheaper and you could get chili and cheese on it. Imagine that!...they actually served chili at a ballgame. I always get dissapointed that the Superdome doesn't have chili and the hot dogs are way over priced. Beer was the same price.

The hot dog was cheaper and you could get chili and cheese on it. Imagine that!...they actually served chili at a ballgame. I always get dissapointed that the Superdome doesn't have chili and the hot dogs are way over priced.

Does the Superdome have chili in any of the levels? I sit in the terrace and know that chili doesn't exist up there.

Beautiful stadium, with a great atmosphere. Loads of Saints fans who were mostly well-behaved, and the Cowboys fans were classy too. I got there about 1pm and left way after the game ended and I didnt see any fights or ugly incidents. I was in Section 448 and even though it was almost in the corner, it was a great view of the field. It was FREEZING cold and windy walking around before the game, and like a lot of other people had said previously, it took a long time to actually get into the stadium.

I'm looking forward to being in Cincy next Sunday!!!! I've never done 2 Saints road trips in 1 season before, and doing it back-to-back is gonna be INSANE.

The stadium and experience was nice. The jumbotron is really nice. The fans were cool. It was freezing and it took way too long to get into the stadium pregame. I do want to point out that my Saints season tickets are in endzone 300 section and for the Dallas game I bought similar seats in the 200 level and my view in the Dome is much better. Our club/300 level seems a lot closer to the field than their mid level seats.

We sat in section 445, which was pretty much the same view as my Dome seats in section 616. The seated were hard plastic and seemed slightly smaller than the superdome seats. And the cupholders on the back of the seat in front of us seemed like a good idea except that everyone going in and out kept kicking drinks, so we didnt really use them. The number of bathrooms was pretty awesome. Hardly ever saw a line.
Entering the stadium was brutal. It seemed like they tried funneling about 30,000 people through 5 turnstiles. We stood in line for what seemed like an hour to enter the building.
Once we got inside, it seemed like close to half the crowd were saints fans, at least in our area. I dont know if its because their team is having a down year or what, but the cowboys fans really didnt get into the game at all untilthe fourth quarter. Most of them were pretty cool. The only annoying Cowboys fan we ran into was the woman sitting in the seat directly in front of me. She spent most of the game playing games on her iphone, and she was wearing all black, so we didnt even realize she was a cowboys fan. But when Reggie fumbled the punt return, she all of a sudden became the superfan and kept yelling something at us about bandwagon whodat fans needing to find a new team. It didnt work out too good for her in the end though, obviously.

I didn't notice any of it during the game, but I commented in pregame to my brother that it sounded like they had pumped in noise through the speakers when the Cowboys players first started to come out for pregame warmups. The Saints had just come out and got a pretty good ovation from the Saints fans, then about 30 seconds later the Cowboys came out to a HUGE roar, but I looked around and the seats were about half full and I couldn't see any Cowboys fans actually screaming.
Thanks for the info... I thought artificial crowd noise was not allowed for NFL games, but while we were there it was amplified through the audio system the entire time.

I leaned over to my wife and said something about how pathetic it was to have to have the crowd noise mic'ed up but that maybe the Cowboys needed the help because their fans don't know when to cheer.

Here are a couple of more videos from our tailgate spot. These parking passes are $75 each face value! (Thanks for coming through on this one Penguin!) We had to get to the stadium at 8:30 to get the tailgate spots! The Parking pass just gets you a spot in this parking lot. 1st come 1st serve on tailgate spots.

I would say 75% of this area were Saints Fans Tailgating. Please don't report me on the NOPD sign! :ezbill:

<embed width="440" height="420" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v7.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=2my3q06&s=7">

<embed width="440" height="420" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v7.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=23vi1rm&s=7">

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom