How we feeling about Ekeler? (1 Viewer)

Sort of redundant with Kamara when we're using Kamara correctly and we'd still need a workhorse back.
I would contend the has way more tread than Kamara is more explosive at this point and I love Kamara but he can’t help us if he’s suspended for half the season.

Mind you up until yesterday I felt RB should be our target with our first pick so I’m biased

Ekeler has been better than Kamara the past few seasons. But we can’t afford him and I doubt we ditch Kamara. Get a RB in the draft to complement Kamara

I would contend the has way more tread than Kamara is more explosive at this point and I love Kamara but he can’t help us if he’s suspended for half the season.

Mind you up until yesterday I felt RB should be our target with our first pick so I’m biased
this. at this point in careers and for the foreseeable future, ekeler is the better back. but cant do anything with AKs contract to sign ekeler to a big one too. wishful thinking.

He's got a small but not huge problem...age not too bad but it's not in his favor. 27, 28 in may...he hasn't had his "payday" yet and he's at about 1300 touches i'm sure.

he's got about 2 seasons max before he hits that wall around 1700-1800 touches where ALL RB's fall off tremendously and turn into serviceable or dead tires..... nobody wants a 30 year old back on is last leg getting max dollars in a QB driven era. Them days is over.

He can still get a pretty decent deal though from somebody out there.

and AK is extremely high on touches guys...think he's over 1500 easy... he aint got much time left on him before he goes south at his pace. ex Ingram has over 2100 touches and he's baked lol ...done lol Ezekiel Elliot..he's prob at 2500 the way they ran him into the ground vs Latavius...only about 1700 touches at 33.

Need to get AK's replacement NOW.

Between the salary he is going to command and the cost to pay the Chargers, no way I can make that move. There are a lot of good quality RBs in the draft. In today's market, no way a trade for a running back. There are plenty of underappreciated running backs in this league.

He’s awesome, but trading for and subsequently paying a 28 year old back doesn’t feel like the best move. This is a good RB draft on top of that.
Exactly. You don't want to be the team bringing in a 28 year old back on a big contract. Especially not when said back is the same type of back you already have on a big deal.

I want a bigger, explosive back who is going to hit the hole, explode through the second level and maybe even take it to the house. That kind of runner working in tandem with AK lining up all over the place that would be a lethal combo.

This is a great draft to need a RB. It doesn't have a lot of high end star power but it's deep with quality RB1 prospects. Obviously the D line is the priority but they have to come away with at least one RB. Please god, no more UDFA scratch offs.

Love the guy, but he's gonna get a lot of money from some team out there. And trade on top of that? I'd be surprised if Loomis would pull that off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom