How will the game go? (1 Viewer)

St. PJ

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I think that initially, the rushing defense for Baltimore will force us to throw more than we would like to. If in a 3-4, those short, 3-step drops may not be as successful. I think as the 1st quarter progresses though, you will see Payton's offense doing its best to keep the Ravens off balance. Barring turnovers, our offense should win the time of possesion by a large margin.

The Ravens have not been impressive on offense in any phase all year, except for the two minute drill. Their offensive line and RB's have aged and lost a step. McNair still has the ability to make plays, but not consistantly. Their offense will continue to struggle. Their biggest threat is the match-up of Todd Heap vs safety/LB that we will put on him. It will be important to bump him at the line of scrimmage each and every play to disrupt his timing.

I think the Saints will win by 2 or more scores. As the game continues, the Ravens defense will eventually tire out from being on the field the majority of the game. Then, our rushing attack will open up--and the TOP will become even more one-sided. The Ravens are a physical team, but we will be more physical on defense at the line of scrimmage and in the backfield. The difference will be the effort and execution in all phases by the Saints. The Ravens are a day late and a dollar short with McNair.

I think you are probably correct pj, but I have been thinking it might be similar to the Green Bay game early. The Ravens get a lot of pressure early (hopefully without the turnovers though), then the Saints make the necessary adjustments and play very well the rest of the game.

I think you are probably correct pj, but I have been thinking it might be similar to the Green Bay game early. The Ravens get a lot of pressure early (hopefully without the turnovers though), then the Saints make the necessary adjustments and play very well the rest of the game.

I agree. If we do not turn the ball over and can burn Baltimore for being over-agressive, things will eventually open up. Also, with no early TO's, I don't see us falling behind. Regardless, the Ravens do not have the firepower to keep a lead if they get an early one. We might have to take one in the jaw on offense; hopefully, as with Green Bay we can keep composure when we struggle early. Hopefully, unlike Green Bay, we are in a position at the end of the game to run the ball more.

I see a low score at halftime, then I expect our offense to explode in the 3rd quarter. I like the Saints, again, in this one.

Saints 23
Ravens 14

prediction

I'll guess 17-3 Saints - 3-3 defensive slugfest until the 4th Quarter. I think we'll eventually wear them out with the short passing game. We haven't been committing turnovers, which the Ravens would probably need to take advantage of in order to win. I just don't see them moving down the field on us much at all.

They have the equivalent of Atlanta's passing game, and a much weaker rushing game then Atlanta.

I have concerns that our D won't be able to match up with their physical run game, ala Carolina. I realize we held the Panthers for three quarters, but the guys wore out and Carolina put the game away in the fourth. Similiar circumstances facing us tomorrow. The only bright spot is their passing game hasn't been very good, but I don't want McNair to rediscover himself against us.

I think we'll be ok against their run, J Lewis isn't what he was. Brees is a smart QB and will be successfull with the short passes which should open up the run to some extent. I don't expect a big day from Deuce, but he'll be enough of a threat to keep them honest against the run. Yardage will come from short passes, IMO.

I see a low score at halftime, then I expect our offense to explode in the 3rd quarter. I like the Saints, again, in this one.

Saints 23
Ravens 14

Interesting stat, though. Ravens have allowed 0 points in the third quarter this year.

If we fall behind early, it will be a long day for Saints fans!

The Ravens have a great D and a run-based O. I hope we can jump out right away and keep the pressure on them all game.

what scares me about this game.. McNair always seems to perform better when injured....

I don't think falling behind early will be a big deal (hope it doesn't happen). we can overcome a deficit better than the Ravens hands down. They don't have enough weapons. I think they'll come out consevative and try to let they're D control the game, but we've got a damn good D too. We'll see, but I'm predicting a low score with us on top.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom