How will the offseason quarterback carousel turn? (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Who will end up where, Teams looking for a new quarterback (or could be looking for a new quarterback), in no particular order:
1) Giants
2)Carolina
3) Pittsburgh
4) WFT
5) Houston
6) Denver
7) New Orleans
8) Seattle
9) Atlanta
10) Las Vegas
11) Minnesota
12) Miami

Quarterbacks that could be on the move

1) Jameis Winston
2) Aaron Rodgers
3) Russ Wilson
4) Matt Ryan
5) Derek Carr
6) Jimmy Garoppolo
7) Teddy B
8) Deshaun Watson
9) Kirk Cousins
10) Tyrod Taylor
11) Sam Darnold
12) Nick Foles
13) Jacoby Brissett
14) Marcus Mariota
15) Tua

Draft Prospect

1) Kenny Pickett
2) Malik Willis
3) Matt Corrall
4) Desmond Ridder
5) Sam Howell

This offseason will be interesting, and the market might not be as competitive as one might thing.

Last edited:
It was my understanding that this season was it for A.Rodgers in Green Bay, there was nothing that could be done to keep him there after this season.

It was my understanding that this season was it for A.Rodgers in Green Bay, there was nothing that could be done to keep him there after this season.

The Packers made a promise to trade him IF he still wanted to be traded at the end of this season. Everyone thinks he will but who knows…if they win the super bowl maybe he’ll want to see if they can repeat.

I would add Miami. They were close to getting Watson and I expect them to continue to work that deal. Also Houston might have their next,QB in the building. Mills has improved down the stretch. I'd expect Houston to win the draft lottery and get 3 or more picks for Watson. If they are smart they could be on the rebound.

Right now every teams is pretty much waiting to see who is taking Deshaun Watson. Once he is traded, that when you start to see teams deciding from that list. After a couple of season, doesn't look like Tua is the answer to Miami. I look for Miami to go all in for Watson. They are going to pay whatever Houston wants. If not Miami, Denver could be next for Watson. But don't be shock if Carolina try to be aggressive. It is really hard to say about Roger and Wilson, but I am betting they will stay. Don't be surprise if teams are calling for Winston more than any other quarterback not mentioned here in my post.

Green Bay has Jordan Love resting behind Rodgers, and while he is no A-A-Ron, fans in GB seem willing to give him a shot (or they did before the season started, and AR was acting peculiar).

I think Miami stays with Tua.

There will be a lot of guys looking for seats, more so than teams looking for quarterbacks.

Who will end up where

1) Jameis Winston FA
2) Aaron Rodgers Only by Trade
3) Russ Wilson Only by Trade
4) Matt Ryan Only by Trade
5) Derek Carr Only by Trade
6) Jimmy Garoppolo Only by Trade
7) Teddy B FA
8) Deshaun Watson Only by Trade
9) Kirk Cousins Only by Trade
10) Tyrod Taylor FA
11) Sam Darnold Only by Trade/Release
12) Nick Foles FA
13) Jacoby Brissett FA
14) Marcus Mariota FA
15) Tua Only by Trade
Of that list only 6 are FAs. Never in the history of the league would that many QBs be traded. Never going to happen. Maybe 3 at best are traded. The rest are likely not going anywhere IMO.

Who will end up where, Teams looking for a new quarterback (or could be looking for a new quarterback), in no particular order:
1) Giants
2)Carolina
3) Pittsburgh
4) WFT
5) Houston
6) Denver
7) New Orleans
8) Seattle
9) Atlanta
10) Las Vegas
11) Minnesota
12) Miami

1) Jameis Winston
2) Aaron Rodgers
3) Russ Wilson
4) Matt Ryan
5) Derek Carr
6) Jimmy Garoppolo
7) Teddy B
8) Deshaun Watson
9) Kirk Cousins
10) Tyrod Taylor
11) Sam Darnold
12) Nick Foles
13) Jacoby Brissett
14) Marcus Mariota
15) Tua

Draft Prospect

1) Kenny Pickett
2) Malik Willis
3) Matt Corrall
4) Desmond Ridder
5) Sam Howell

This offseason will be interesting, and the market might not be as competitive as one might thing.

1) Jameis Winston - Possibly
2) Aaron Rodgers -Doubtful
3) Russ Wilson -Doubtful
4) Matt Ryan - Don't think so
5) Derek Carr - Possibly, but will depend a who is the new HC
6) Jimmy Garoppolo - Yes
7) Teddy B - Yes
8) Deshaun Watson - Only if he gets the legal issues cleared up
9) Kirk Cousins - Likely
10) Tyrod Taylor - Likely but won't be in demand
11) Sam Darnold - Likely but won't be in demand
12) Nick Foles - Likely but won't be in demand
13) Jacoby Brissett - Likely but won't be in demand
14) Marcus Mariota - If Carr is let go then yes
15) Tua - Maybe

I think we make a trade for Rodgers if he wants to leave. He has said he wants to play in New Orleans and if you are a QB that CAN leave or be traded, looking at our D, AK and MT you would run here. If our O line is healthy and MT comes back we would be the Super Bowl favorite without question with Rodgers.

I think we make a trade for Rodgers if he wants to leave. He has said he wants to play in New Orleans and if you are a QB that CAN leave or be traded, looking at our D, AK and MT you would run here. If our O line is healthy and MT comes back we would be the Super Bowl favorite without question with Rodgers.
When did he say he wanted to play in New Orleans?

When did he say he wanted to play in New Orleans?
My buddy from NY was at a golf trip in Hilton head a few months ago. They were in the restaurant at the course they were playing and talking football (giants fans). They were talking to of the waiters when they mentioned Rodgers was there with a group of friends before the season and they were sitting around drinking beer and one of the waiters asked where he was playing next year. Rodgers buddy said he’s going play with Sean Payton and one of the other guys yelled who dat. Rodgers smoked and said he would love to play down in New Orleans with Payton.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom