How would a player make the transition from AAF to NFL? (1 Viewer)

RiverRat

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Do NFL owners have the option to buy out contracts?

Are you expected to play back-to-back seasons if you sign a futures contract?

Do you have to go a year without football?

I’m excited about the new league, but curious to know if we’ll see any of our future favorites make the leap and what it would look like?

I can't imagine it would be too far removed from the CFL to NFL pipeline. Basically, if a guy is under contract, I'm betting he can't be poached without legal ramifications unless the player has a clause somewhere. These are two separate entities.

I can't imagine it would be too far removed from the CFL to NFL pipeline. Basically, if a guy is under contract, I'm betting he can't be poached without legal ramifications unless the player has a clause somewhere. These are two separate entities.

I’m mostly intrigued by the scheduling conflict. CFL is a little earlier, but basically same time as NFL.

the aaf allows players to move back and forth

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...f-and-nfl-grows-but-theres-no-investment-yet/

“Over the past three years we have worked diligently to promote a strong and wide-ranging partnership with the NFL,” Ebersol said. “History has clearly shown with all previous failed attempts at spring football what doing the reverse looks like. What we have created is a broad, symbiotic relationship. We allow players to move freely back and forth to the NFL from The Alliance (70 players have been released to the NFL, with 35 returning to play for us this season), we built our data system to work with the NFL (a first for the NFL) and we’ve partnered with the NFL on television rights for 19 of our 43 games. Over 30 of our 85 referees are in the NFL’s ODP, all of our coaches have NFL experience — something no other league could have or can say. In fact, our executives, G.M.’s and coaches have over 500 years of combined NFL experience. In short, we count ourselves lucky to have fostered such meaningful connections with America’s most popular and dominant sports and entertainment brand.”

This basically states that this is AA ball and all it wants to be is AA ball. Difference between AA football and AA baseball? Television.

The NFL "wants" a farm-league of sorts. Not like baseball's farm league, but a league that can both develop players and help keep interest in the sport flowing year-round. It's when a football league wants to alienate itself from and compete with the "league to big to fail" that things get murky.

I think this league takes root and sticks around a while. And I'm all for it. I said in another thread that I would like to see the AAF and the XFL both work out and possibly even joining up eventually. Imagine a 16 team minor league football spring league... If you have a favorite team, you get an aditional 3 months of football per year after college and the nfl is done.

The arena leagues were too gimicky. Same for the old XFL. I'd say that there is a market for it, but it's gotta be done right.

And if it works, and the popularity reaches a certain level... we could have an extra 3 months of fantasy football. And I'm sure there are those that wouldn't mean that much to, but for me personally? I'd love it. I have old leagues with friends and family that I really look forward to every year.

Getting used to bus travel instead of chartered flights?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom