How would you all have felt about bringing in Rivers??? (1 Viewer)

To the OP, HAVE YOU SEEN PHILLIP RIVERS lately??????? He is in full dad mode, he looks like he is in worse shape than I am and I haven't played football in 20 years. This team needs a WR, PERIOD.

This team needs a mobile QB and we have a young hungry kid sitting on the shelf. If SP brought in Book to play along with Tayson, we have nothing to lose
perhaps he's the one that returning starters can rally with to at least have a wining season, after all you play the game to win; this isn't the Jets.

Not better than a journeyman backup QB that has no clue what he is doing?
Better is not the same as good enough. If you guys think QB is our only problem you should pay closer attention. Rivers would make no difference....he wasn't even that good in peak form.

Would have loved to bring in Rivers in four weeks and four losses ago. Too late now. What’s laughable to me is that some are dumb enough to think that 32 teams passed on him when he retired to coach his kid this year and said he would be selective on who he would come back to. What’s even more laughable is that they equate Trevor and Ian with the caliber of QB Rivers is. “Well Trevor and Ian have been in the system for 2 years and Rivers couldn’t pick up our offense quick enough. Yeah right,like a person that is 5th all time in passing yards couldn’t pick up our offense.

But now it is too late. Trevor inspires zero passion or fire to lead. At this point best to start Book and see what he can do.

Saunders, Cook and Sproles were all good when they got here. These aren’t players that came up with Brees. Sproles wasn’t as good and Cook and Saunders only just left this season. But you’re right about Brandon Cooks, he‘s been pretty darned good after we let him go. My point is that the Brandon Coleman type players we’ve drafted or brought in undrafted had all of their best year with Brees. Most of their careers fizzled out after leaving NO.
You’re arguing with no one.

The question had nothing to do with “home-grown” talent vs. “imported” talent.

It had to do with overall talent level, period.

Saunders, Cook and Sproles were all good when they got here. These aren’t players that came up with Brees. Sproles wasn’t as good and Cook and Saunders only just left this season. But you’re right about Brandon Cooks, he‘s been pretty darned good after we let him go. My point is that the Brandon Coleman type players we’ve drafted or brought in undrafted had all of their best year with Brees. Most of their careers fizzled out after leaving NO.
Brandon Coleman doesn't count because he wasn't of much use while he was here...there are only 2 receivers that fall into your category: Robert Meachem & Lance Moore...those are the only two that really fizzled after leaving us. Moore because he was old, and Meachem because he really wasn't ever good.

No we wouldn’t. Our team this week was pretty bad…but Mahomes, like a young Brees, turns lemon into lemonade…and with our defense…I see little chance we wouldn’t be much better with an NFL caliber QB.
Mahomes looked pedestrian when his line and running game went absent. Trevor is terrible. Brees gets us probably two scores. But let’s not kid ourselves that any QB would win a load of games with what we trotted out last night. Nearly every offensive position was a 3rd string player. That was a 4Th game preseason offense.

Unless he’s calling his other retired buddies to play WR RB and Tackle, it doesn’t even matter.

It would be expensive and honestly wouldn't make that much of a difference with all the injuries....At this point, I'm looking forward to the draft.....

Mahomes looked pedestrian when his line and running game went absent. Trevor is terrible. Brees gets us probably two scores. But let’s not kid ourselves that any QB would win a load of games with what we trotted out last night. Nearly every offensive position was a 3rd string player. That was a 4Th game preseason offense.
My point is that the most simple way to fix the offense is by getting an upgrade at QB. QB is easily the most impactful position. If you bring in a WR upgrade next year…it may net one additional win. I’d argue an OL would bet even less than that. A good QB makes the entire offense look better. The challenge is actually getting a good QB with no money and very little regarding draft resources. But if a QB is there in the draft…you take them. You don’t hope for the best for any of our current QBs…we aren’t competing for a title with anyone in our current QB room. It may occasionally by passable to slip into the playoffs if our defense can continue to play at an above average level and the team can stay relatively healthy…but that’s the ceiling.

We wasted time with Brees. We had one of the greatest ever and after he left the bills took over our stadium.
You do recall that when we were in our 7-9 seasons, during the Brees era, other teams with actual fanbases of winning teams did the same. Winning keeps fans from selling tickets. It’s always been true. Saints fans aren’t different in that regard. When the Bills sucked, guess who took over their stadium when we were rolling.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom