How would you choose to end this season? (1 Viewer)

Which do you go with:

• Total voters
Play to win. Always play to win. Quitting in the middle of the season for draft position is a strategy for losers.

Playing for a better draft position is not in Coach Payton’s DNA. This team is gonna play to win every game but honestly we may get the same results as we are too undermanned on offense. We are probably going to wind up 7-10 or maybe 8-9 while getting a 1st round draft slot of 11-13!

Hill win out and take us to the super bowl

Hill win out and take us to the super bowl
mrkFnV7qnIkjQELONQQGhPR7Kpw-SikljNtjQndN3NliTyPX7362mss4T-91vstgDBDyVf4

I mean since we already have 5 wins that alone puts you in the upper tier of the top 10 in the draft losing out I would say might as well try to win, though losing out wouldn't be a bad thing right now either this team really just isn't good right now and even worse with so many injuries.

So...we're bad. Everyone knows this. Sean knows it. We know it. The players know it. And I'm not here trying to cast blame.

While we may not have been the most hopeful with Jameis, it was at least going to be fun, and that's with or without MT. But now.?. Jameis goes down, MT out, Kamara out, Ingram signed and now hurt, Lutz hurt, backups can't even make extra points, Siemian asked to lead the pack, and the list of other injuries goes on and on. I mean, *damn*, THAT is really bad. I've been a fan for a long minute and don't recall it being this bad.

So I've now gotta ask the infamous question: do you intentionally tank the remaining games (as if we could win one if we even tried), or do you continue "playing to win the game"?

In particular, I've got a poll up.

Assuming that YOU could snap your fingers and have only one of the two following scenarios occur, which would you choose:
  1. We tank the remaining games, go 5 - 12 and get a higher draft pick, which is by no means a guarantee of a brighter future, OR
  2. We "play to win the game" and manage to win three more games, keeping us out of the playoffs and losing high draft position in the process.
Gotta try to win games while giving some players a chance to shine. This coming draft class isn’t great, and what we need is a QB to mesh with our few playmakers.

I don't think Coach knows how to play to lose. Also, I don't think a team culture can survive playing to lose.

Play to win. Every game. No matter what.

I would sit Ram, DD, Kamara, Latt, and McCoy. Put whoever at QB and let the reserves play. Get everybody healthy for next year. I know that's a ridiculous take, but honestly we are done. No.point.in the guys who are our future playing through any injury.

Also, I would start Book the rest of the way to get him some experience to hopefully be our #2 next year.

I would want the team to try and win the rest of it's games. However, realistically, I don't see that happening until we get some players back, i.e. Kamara, Armstrong, Ram, etc. They may win a game or two or three, at best, but you can't win with these many injuries and no depth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom