How would you choose to end this season? (1 Viewer)

Which do you go with:

• Total voters
No more serious injuries and just the right draft position.

We are on fumes right now on offense anyway and will probably not be much better than a quarter tank of gas the rest of the season. Just enjoy some good drinks and let it be. Whodat

I want to see them go out and do their best. Hopefully with no injuries. This is valuable experience for some of the younger guys on the line, and a great opportunity for the WRs to get some reps and tape for their Arena League auditions for next year. It’s also a chance for Payton to really reflect in the off-season if any of the three QBs are worth anything to build around as they each have about 1/3 of the season. Is someone on the OLine good enough that Armstead or Peat could be let go and save some cash? Backups on DLine, who has the talent to keep working with, as opposed to finding new talent. Also with the DBs. Lots of extra reps this year to see who is a future building block and who really isn’t. That, from a forward looking view is far more important than the number of wins or losses.

honestly, would be great if we could just forefeit the rest of the games. It has been over a month since there has been any joy in watching this team

I want to see them go out and do their best. Hopefully with no injuries. This is valuable experience for some of the younger guys on the line, and a great opportunity for the WRs to get some reps and tape for their Arena League auditions for next year. It’s also a chance for Payton to really reflect in the off-season if any of the three QBs are worth anything to build around as they each have about 1/3 of the season. Is someone on the OLine good enough that Armstead or Peat could be let go and save some cash? Backups on DLine, who has the talent to keep working with, as opposed to finding new talent. Also with the DBs. Lots of extra reps this year to see who is a future building block and who really isn’t. That, from a forward looking view is far more important than the number of wins or losses.
Good points. Arena league, funny. The experience thing is tricky because when you voluntarily go too deep with depth you're unofficially giving up on the season. I think Payton mentions that they self-scout on regular basis so I'm not sure if you're going to get a different evaluation, especially with the injuries on offense.

We all want them to win out but drafting earlier seems like the best way to fast track a rebuild. The defense is ready, but the Offense needs a playmaker at wr in the worst way. MT hid the lack of playmakers on the outside I feel like the qb situation is not as bad as having undrafted WRs taking the field.

There is noone in the draft that screams "Beast" to draft. So just play the games and try to win and if we lose we lose....There is always next year!

you forgot an option

Waking up and it's early September - Packers game was real, everything after that a bad dream, no coaches out for Panthers game, no injuries, MT and Lutz come back at full strength, no WR dropped passes

you forgot an option

Waking up and it's early September - Packers game was real, everything after that a bad dream, no coaches out for Panthers game, no injuries, MT and Lutz come back at full strength, no WR dropped passes
I've been tapping my ruby slippers hawd!

Losing is a habit. So is winning. Why would anyone intentionally embrace a bad habit? That's a terminable offense! Furthermore, better draft position doesn't guarantee a better player.

Play to win! If our season is wasted, we should be looking to take every team we play down that hole also. If we can't win the SB this year, ain't nobody we play gonna win it either!

Tanking with 5 wins already is just silly. I want to see improvement. It's probably already too late to get a blue chip prospect as it is. We needs to see growth of our current players, that is our only chance of being able to compete soon.
This is the correct answer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom