How would you feel about this draft? (1 Viewer)

jcollins9

Bring The WOOD!
Reaction score
First, I traded down with K.C., to pick up a second round pick. I move down 8 spots and get their late 2nd.

Round 1 Pick 32 (K.C.): Jordan Love, QB, Utah State
Round 2 Pick 31 (K.C.): Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
Round 3 Pick 24: Shane Lemieux, OG, Oregon
Round 4 Pick 24: Aubrey Solomon, DT, Tennessee
Round 5 Pick 23: Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU
Round 6 Pick 24: Khaleke Hudson, OLB, Michigan

I haven't really had time to look too far into the prospects this year, so be nice. I used First Pick to do this.

It’s pretty solid. However I’d take Clyde Edwards-Helaire in the 3rd. Also, am I the only one that’s not a big fan of Reagor?

Not too big on Love to the Saints I think a future QB prospect will be addressed in 2021 personally.

I'm okay with Reagor, I just don't think he makes it to the end of the 2nd round.

Lemieux is a good pick, experienced Oregon Interior Linemen could probably compete with Easton for a starting role.

This year I really like the idea of trading down, understanding that Coach Payton rarely trades that way. I do not though believe we should take a QB at #1, as we have a number of more immediate needs to keep this roster deep. LB, OG, WR, CB are all IMO need positions with the possible loss of some starters/key backups this year in FA or via cuts to create cap room. We will know a lot more once we dive into the FA market pre draft, as I have confidence that Loomis/Payton will try to fill one or more of those needs prior to the draft.

Love has the feel of a guy that is going to sneak into the top half of the first round by draft day. He's the type of player that coaches fall in love with as they get starry eyed over his measurables and assume they can coach away his weaknesses.

Saints tradIng “back” to get extra pic(s) ~ that’s funny!

I watched love play and would not waste a draft pick on him. These draft gurus always find the diamond in the rough that could be coached to play in the Nfl, but very few ever work out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom