How would you feel if Cam Cameron was the next Offensive Coordinator at LSU? (1 Viewer)

So who retains clock management responsibilities?

Too soon?

All kidding aside I think this a solid and necessary move by LSU.

Cool. At least he's an actual offensive coordinator. I hope to see good things this year.

It does worry me that he was so predictable at Baltimore because that was one of our main problems at LSU. But if we're able to get some 3 and 4 wide receiver sets, eliminate the pass to the flat and the option play, and improve the quarterback play and awareness, then we'll be much better. Hopefully he can stabilize and improve the offense the way Chavis did with the defense.

Cool. At least he's an actual offensive coordinator. I hope to see good things this year.

It does worry me that he was so predictable at Baltimore because that was one of our main problems at LSU. But if we're able to get some 3 and 4 wide receiver sets, eliminate the pass to the flat and the option play, and improve the quarterback play and awareness, then we'll be much better. Hopefully he can stabilize and improve the offense the way Chavis did with the defense.
The plan seems to be to pass more out of the I to empty the box, get the TE involved more, throw more downfield and pound with Copeland & Hill. I think all of that will result in less predictability.

Last edited:
I think Kragthorpe is probably a very good qb coach. What we need is maybe not better development with our quarterbacks but better quarterbacks to develop.

You can teach footwork some and if someone has the brains, they can learn their reads. Agility and instinct are harder to teach, guys like Manziel are born with it. Mett can get better with his pocket movement but he will always likely be relatively slow footed.

The good news is with Jennings and Rettig I think we do have better qb's to develop.

I think Mettenberger will be much better with an offensive system that gives him more options to throw to. LSU seemed to be running a lot of two receiver patterns last year meaning that if those two were not open Mettenberger held onto the ball and got sacked. He probably should have thrown it away instead many times, but he also should have been given some check down options or some more guys to throw to. Between the receivers not getting open, the limited numbers of receivers in the pattern and some below average o-line play, I don't think you can blame all of the offensive issues on Mettenberger. I expect him and the rest of the offense to be much better this year.

But, I also think the future is bright with Jennings and Rettig.

The plan seems to be to pass more out of the I to empty the box, get the TE involved more, throw more downfield and pound with Copeland & Hill. I think all of that will result in less predictability.

I wish we would have done more of that when we still had DeAngelo Peterson.

I think Mettenberger will be much better with an offensive system that gives him more options to throw to. LSU seemed to be running a lot of two receiver patterns last year meaning that if those two were not open Mettenberger held onto the ball and got sacked. He probably should have thrown it away instead many times, but he also should have been given some check down options or some more guys to throw to. Between the receivers not getting open, the limited numbers of receivers in the pattern and some below average o-line play, I don't think you can blame all of the offensive issues on Mettenberger. I expect him and the rest of the offense to be much better this year.

But, I also think the future is bright with Jennings and Rettig.

Of course it was not all Mettenberger's fault. He was under a lot of pressure and his offensive line lost three starters.

Mett should be better just having a year under his belt. Other than for parts of the Bama game Mett never seemed to have "it" for me. People blame the coaches for being too conservative. When the coaches try to win the Clemson game by throwing for a first down Mett airmails a wide open receiver five yards away.

Other qbs we played like Manziel and Boyd made big plays under pressure, Mett almost always went down under pressure. When he did run he looked awkward and almost always seemed to scramble a yd short of what we needed.

It was not a lack of effort. He is a big guy with a live arm. He just has very poor agility and that is hard to coach. Too many teams in the SEC had better qbs.

All that is not to say Mett might not benefit from a new coordinator. I am all in favor of having a new one. That being said, Studwara and Kragthorpe and Miles would have all looked like better coaches if they had Manziel, McCarron, Boyd, Aaron Murray, Tyler Bray or Tyler Wilson as their qb. Its hard to be the top team in the conference without one of the top qbs.

One of the most commonly used idioms is "where there is smoke there is fire".

I would probably change that to say: "Where there is smoke, fire can sometimes be found and where the smoke comes from multiple places, the more likely fire is the culprit".
I can agree to an extent, but then I'm reminded of all of these same "sources" like Twitter and Tigerdroppings who have been completely full of **** and realize that any ***hole with fingers to press on a keyboard can type whatever they want.

Way too many sources are talking about Cameron to LSU for there not to be fire somewhere. I would not be shocked to learn Cameron does not end up at LSU. I would be very surprised, at this point, to find out there have not been serious discussions with Cameron.
Well, after I saw this thread I looked around a bit. I found plenty of places mentioning it, but none of them pointed back to anything credible. "I heard a guy" or "Blog guy at yournamehere.net" isn't credible, especially when they link back to another message board and the damn thing goes in acircle. Obvioulsy someone hears something, but this is the kind of thing one of the "legit" Twitter handles usually start talking about, especially when it's message board fodder. I just found it odd and figured I was missing something.

Using Twitter and Tigerdroppings as your source is like referencing Wikipedia for a term paper.

Was hoping a radio announcement would be credible enough for MLU.
It would certainly be a start. Looks like someone was right. I'm just curious how a legit source didn't get this and run with it earlier.

Maybe you just need to re-adjust your definitions of 'credible' and 'legit'?

Nothing wrong with being skeptical.

But there is a pretty big difference between that and just being a dick.

I can agree to an extent, but then I'm reminded of all of these same "sources" like Twitter and Tigerdroppings who have been completely full of **** and realize that any ***hole with fingers to press on a keyboard can type whatever they want.
TD is not a source. Twitter is not a source. A source is a person and they may tweet and they may post on TD. You have to know which ones know what they're talking about and which ones are as clueless as the rest of us.

Using Twitter and Tigerdroppings as your source is like referencing Wikipedia for a term paper.
And saying Tigerdroppings is a source of information is like claiming that St. Louis is the source of the Mississippi River.

It would certainly be a start. Looks like someone was right. I'm just curious how a legit source didn't get this and run with it earlier.
The legit source told only a handful of people that he trusted and we didn't betray that trust by blabbing about it online until it was pretty much done. He may also have told someone like Shea Dixon or Michael Bonnette but those guys are smart enough to know not to write about it until the source says they can.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom