How would you feel if Cam Cameron was the next Offensive Coordinator at LSU? (1 Viewer)

I want an O.C. that has the balls to tell Miles "if you hire me then I control the Offense, I will take your opinions into consideration but if this is my Job and position then I want to be held accountable for my successes and failures." I wish LSU's A.D. would step in and talk to Miles about the offenses woes and backing off. While it's hard to complain about winning games, you look at all the talent we've had on Offense and how they've been wasted over the years; unless it's at RB.

I think it would be a homerun hire. The great thing about Cameron is that Les would trust him enough to not meddle in the offense.

This rumor has been around for about 2-3 weeks but it's just now percolating to the surface. Personally I think it has legs.

Last edited:
So it sounds like this is actually going to happen.

Personally, I'm thrilled about it. First time being optimistic about the offense in a long time.

I'm hearing that its pretty much a done deal. They were supposedly working out financial details and hope to make an announcement soon...possibly tomorrow.

I seriously hope this is true.

I'm hearing that its pretty much a done deal. They were supposedly working out financial details and hope to make an announcement soon...possibly tomorrow.

I seriously hope this is true.

I think it is. I keep reading that he was spotted on campus today.

Any credible sources?

You'll have to take my word. I have credible sources but I can't reveal them. It's definitely going to happen. Cam was on campus today and the deal is done except for a few minor details. Krags will be given an administrative job, Stud will be o-line coach and running game coordinator, Cam will be QB coach and OC.

Any credible sources?

I said it in the OP that it just was a rumor. You said that was weird because you haven't heard any rumors about a new OC, so I told you where people were discussing it.

If there was a credible source reporting it, then I wouldn't have called it a rumor.

I'm not asking you to believe it.

Any credible sources?

See how simple that was?

Just yesterday Miles said he hadn't given any thought about making coaching changes. I found one thread on a forum that started from a post in another thread where someone asked if anyone felt Cam Cameron would be a good candidate. A quick search of "Cam Cameron" over the past 48 hours shows articles of him probably getting a Superbowl ring despite being fired halfway through the season and an interview with the Jets for the OC job back in January. There was one article about LSU that referenced Cameron on NOLA.com. In it Miles is quoted as saying that he hasn't given much thought to staff changes. I mentions in passing in the middle about rumors swirling that Miles is going to ad his friend, Cam Cameron but it does not appear as if the author even bothered to ask Miles about it and get a quote.

Nothing serious or credible about a potential job with LSU. Very curious...

See how simple that was?

Just yesterday Miles said he hadn't given any thought about making coaching changes. I found one thread on a forum that started from a post in another thread where someone asked if anyone felt Cam Cameron would be a good candidate. A quick search of "Cam Cameron" over the past 48 hours shows articles of him probably getting a Superbowl ring despite being fired halfway through the season and an interview with the Jets for the OC job back in January. There was one article about LSU that referenced Cameron on NOLA.com. In it Miles is quoted as saying that he hasn't given much thought to staff changes. I mentions in passing in the middle about rumors swirling that Miles is going to ad his friend, Cam Cameron but it does not appear as if the author even bothered to ask Miles about it and get a quote.

Nothing serious or credible about a potential job with LSU. Very curious...

One of the most commonly used idioms is "where there is smoke there is fire".

I would probably change that to say: "Where there is smoke, fire can sometimes be found and where the smoke comes from multiple places, the more likely fire is the culprit".

Way too many sources are talking about Cameron to LSU for there not to be fire somewhere. I would not be shocked to learn Cameron does not end up at LSU. I would be very surprised, at this point, to find out there have not been serious discussions with Cameron.

I do not know how to reconcile that with Miles comments that they have not been giving thought to staff changes. Miles has been known to be coy with the press when discussing certain things, like players injuries. I would not expect him to tell an outright untruth.

Perhaps his interpretation of not having given it much thought is his way of saying I have been preoccupied with recruiting.

It has long been speculated by some in the know that LSU was bringing in a coordinator after recruiting was finished. Studwara and Kragthorpe were both instrumental in getting some key kids. I think the decision on a coordinator was delayed until the cows were in the barn so as not to spook some of the cows.

And i would be okay with Cameron. He has had some top NFL offenses. I know he got fired but Bellichik and Andy Reid have been fired too and I would take one of them any day.

I'm not a very big fan of Cam, he has always had a difficult system to learn and run.

With that said, the idea of LSU actually having a real offensive coordinator is amazing and I'll be thrilled with the hire. I think there are better coordinators out, particularly at the college level, but anything is better than what we've been doing the last couple seasons.

The way I see it, not having an offensive coordinator cost us at least one national championship, perhaps two.

It is being reported that Cameron has been offered the offensive coordinator position with the LSU Tigers. Per Pete Rousse of CoachingSearch.com:
A lot of coaches wonder if the speculation about Cam Cameron joining the LSU staff as offensive coordinator is legit. From what I here, it is. A source tells me Cameron has been offered the job, in which case Steve
Kragthorpe would move to an off-the-field position on the staff. Greg Studrawa would drop the offensive coordinator title and remain the offensive line coach.

Report: Cam Cameron Offered LSU Tigers Offensive Coordinator Position - FanSided - Sports News - An Independent Sports Network

I have no idea how reliable this is.
I can't believe it would be a step in the wrong direction.

I'm pretty excited, we needed a shift in offensive philosophy. I'm also optimistic we would see better development with our QB's.

See how simple that was?

Again, no one is asking you to believe it.

I started a thread trying to get a discussion going to see how people would feel about Cam Cameron potentially being the next offensive coordinator at LSU.

I repeatedly labeled it as a rumor, just to make it clear.

Then you don't seem to understand why you haven't heard anything about it, if it is indeed a rumor. So I tell you where people are discussing it.

Then you sarcastically respond about credible sources.

Believe it, don't believe it.

I am going to choose to believe it, and enjoy the possibility that LSU will have a decent offensive coordinator for what feels like the first time in a really long time.

Update: I'm hearing that the deal is done. Cam has been hired as the OC. Kragthorpe will takes an administrative staff position. Studrawa is being offered the OL coaching position. Expected to be officially announced next week.

FWIW, this is not firsthand knowledge. It is coming from a close friend who, is friends with a season ticket holder with strong ties to TAF. This person also correctly predicted the Chavis and Kragthorpe hires.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom