How would you feel if RB Kevin Smith was the Saints 4th round pick? (1 Viewer)

Curufin

Reaction score
The guy who came close to besting Barry Sanders's single season rushing record, although he did play in a much weaker conference.

He's a traditional workhorse Back...with Deuce a potential injury and aging and Bush more of a does-everything Back than a workhorse, how would you feel if Kevin Smith were drafted to compliment Bush?

d3vanj

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
im a big ucf fan but i say no
pierre thomas

Flyboy

Daydream Believer
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Kevin Smith will be gone before the 4th round...

baarbogast

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
If he's there in the 5th. The top 4 need to be on D, with Vilma being the 4th.

SammyIsGod

Can he play safety? Yup!
Reaction score
Deuce, Reggie, Stecker, and Pierre. How'd our 4th round running back do last year? DEFENSE!

obwhiteo

Proudly wearing my dress!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
we don't have a 4th round pick, he won't be there in the 4th round, and i'd still say no if none of these were true...

PT23 i believe in you...

xardoz

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I am not a fan of Smith. He will probably go in the second round. But don't we have Reggie for the "slash" position?

I would rather have a thumper or a guy who can do it all.
Matt Forte
Johnathan Stewart
Mike Hart
Tashard Choice
Jalen Parmele

Pancakes

Prepare to die
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Matt Forte is my choice also, but i wouldve liked to have seen him taken with our 4th, which wwwe no longer have. Not to say that i would rather have Forte than Vilma, I am very happy with the Vilma pick up. I just think we need D to much to draft any O with our 1st, 2nd or 3rd pick. I guess it depends on the BPA, but i just hope we really can get some good depth at D.

Da Count

Very Banned
Reaction score
i'd prefer we drafted a good football player rather than a decent one who played against terrible teams. troy davis almost broke records too.

VilmaSaint

Reaction score
I think he should stick to making movies. He is too old and a bit overweight to be an effective RB, IMO.

chad_moore

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I'd rather use the draft for players who have a better shot at actual playing time and making an impact. We've got 6 RBs on the roster with NFL experience and only room for 4. Sorry, but I can see better areas that the Saints could use in the draft......TE, LB, CB, DT, WR, O lineman, S, and QB. We could even afford to select multiple folks at those positions and they would have a better shot at making the team over a RB.

We aren't the Patriots that have the luxury of cutting all but one draft pick. We have too many holes and this is our best way to compliment our FAs with youth and cheap salaries. Heck, if McFadden dropped in our laps, I'd think about picking him up and trying to trade our other RBs on draft day for picks....and that's the only way I hope our FO takes a RB in this draft.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread