Saints How would you feel if the Saints traded for DeeDee Westbrook ahead of trade deadline (1 Viewer)

How would you feel about the Saints trading a 7th rounder for DeeDee Westbrook

• Would like it. Gives Drew another weapon for cheap

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Wouldn't like it dont know how he would fit in this offense?

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Tacoes cause they are delicious

Votes: 20 42.6%

• Total voters

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just read an ESPN article about Trade Possibilities Before the Trade Deadline. For the Saints a trade offer of Westbrook for a 7th rounder in 2021 draft was presented. Here's the article if you want to read it in full.

Last edited:
Just read an ESPN article about Trade Possibilities Before the Trade Deadline. For the Saints a trade offer of Westbrook for a 7th rounder in 2021 draft was presented. Here's article if you want to read it in full.

I like the idea of depth and a compensatory pick if he signs elsewhere, but I don’t know that the salary cap could work unless we cut some contributors elsewhere.
🤷🏻‍♂️
But I think we see a clear depth WR problem with MT our recently and it would build us better for a bubble playoffs if that can happen this Winter.

Ehh I'm not against it. 3 things I consider.

1. Cap cost - Doesn't look too bad. Little over 2mil.
2. Trade compensation - A bigger question for me but I'm perfectly fine with a 7th.
3. Who are you cutting? - I think they could find room somewhere on the roster. I don't think the WR room should get cut though. Maybe Callaway but he's looked good plus Harris may take his spot when he comes back anyway. I'm assuming Fowler isn't on the roster with Mike back.

Ultimately I don't think it moves the needle. He would be fighting for TQS/Harris snaps in certain situations which isn't that significant. It would take him a while to pick up everything and fit in. You'd be getting half a season at best. The only significant reason I could see is if Thomas's injury becomes a season-long issue.

I like Dede but WR isn't a need especially with TQS and Calloway coming on in the system. Drew seems to have a good level of trust in those guys, and we know that Mike T is coming back, and Manny Sanders has really become a focal point of the offense. Plus Deonte (when he comes back) is also a threat as a WR... so I wouldn't make that trade now. if someone gets hurt, and Dede is still available, then that may be something to take a look at even though I doubt we'd trade for another receiver.

I do see a team like Philly making that trade. Their entire WR corps is hurt. Them and the Giants.

Thomas is coming back. Smith finally looks like the guy we thought we were getting when he was drafted. Sanders has become a real force. Callaway looks extremely promising.

I wouldn't make this trade simply because the Saints roster as it stands now is fine at WR.

I don't think it's necessary with Thomas coming back. Sanders and Trequon coming on. Deonte will be coming back. Callaway looks good when he's had the ball. A year ago I would've made that deal but I like the guys we have now.

Honestly I don't know. The way TQS has stepped up this season, Calloway showing he's able to step up and be a gamer, Harris has proven to be solid #4, and even Fowler has stepped up in MT's absence. The only issue I see with Dee Dee is he is on the last year of his rookie contract and may just be a one year loaner.

He hasn't been on a very good team and still put up decent numbers. I don't know much about him and he seems more like a speedster which sadly doesn't help us much, but if he is a solid route runner then I'd say why not use a 7th round pick (if we have one after all the trades we made in this draft).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom